*Prologue: Night Stories*

It was a starry winter night and the girl should've been in bed long ago. Actually, everyone should have retired to their respective chambers for the night.

Rising her dress's skirt just enough to avoid any possible fall, she quickly walked down the dark, empty corridor, while the cold breeze made her light pink hair dance around her features. Now and then, she would stop and look around to make sure none of the patrol guards saw her.

She knew the way like the back of her hand. After all, It wasn't the first time she did this.

Nerea had been living in the Palace for two years now. After her mother's death, she was sent to live with her father.

Most people would say that the Emperor's advisor was a kind man, and the truth was, he did treat her daughter right, but, she had never managed to forgive him for abandoning her and her mother.

Reaching her destination, she stopped in front of the big wooden door. It was one of the few that had a majestic dragon carved into it. The moment she was about to knock, the door opened, and someone pulled her inside.

"Did anyone see you?" The young second imperial prince asked, closing the door behind her.

"No, I checked" She smiled and shook her head. He smiled back.

Since living in the palace, both imperial prices had become her closets friends. They were close to her in age, in fact, she and Hakuren were the same age, and they had been the first people to actually make her feel welcome in the royal life.

"Great! Look what I got" He walked deeper into the room, which was only lighted by a couple of oil lamps. When the Ren prince came back, he was holding a bottle of liquor on one of his hands.

"You shouldn't be drinking at this hour, and, if someone finds out you took that, we'll get into trouble" A more serious male voice spoke from a corner of the room.

The girl turned around, and bowed.

"Prince Hakuyuu"

"Please, you know you don't have to do that when is only us in the room" His voice was much more relaxed this time.

The moment his light blue eyes looked into her gray ones, the girl felt her cheeks blushing. For some reason, the first prince was the only one that had that effect on her.

"You didn't bow to Hakuren" Hakuyuu pointed out, still looking at her.

"That's because I am way more fun than you. Seriously, you need to relax a bit more, big brother" Hakuren chuckled, putting his arm around his brother's shoulders. Both of them were still wearing their usual traditional clothes.

"It's not like we're getting drunk, so come on" The second prince gestured her brother and the girl to follow him, sitting over a carpet full of soft, fancy cushions.

They did as he asked, sitting criss-cross, next to each other. Nerea arranged her dress to properly cover her legs, and the second prince sat in front of them, handing the bottle of liquor to the girl.

"Ladies first" He smiled, playfully raising his eyebrows.

She hesitated for a moment, looking at the young man sitting next to her, who was looking back at her with what she thought was disapproval.

Looking back at Hakuren, she saw him smiling and slightly nodding his head.

"Go ahead" He encourages her.

"I don't know..." Her gaze went from the bottle to the oldest prince and back to the bottle. Hakuyuu let out a long sigh.

"I'll do it" Much to the surprise of the girl and his younger brother, he snatched the bottle from her hand and took a long sip, while the others stared at him.

"There." He handles the bottle back to the girl, who smiled and mimicked what he had just done, before handle it to the other prince, who also took a sip from the bottle.

"There you go! Ok, now, Nerea, please continue" Hakuren gestured her to start talking.

"Ok... So where was I?" She smiled, excitedly moving in her spot.

"The leader of the federation was pretending to be an oil merchant"

Hakuren leaned forward, resting his elbow on his knee and his chin over his hand.

Hakuyuu seated straight, giving all his attention to her.

"Yes, right! Ok... So, he brings with him mules loaded with oil jars, in which are hiding the other remaining thieves... And..."

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Short prologue. I think there aren't enough stories about any of these two princes, who, in my opinion, could have been excellent main characters.
Thanks to NaerysSnow17 for her help, and to kurome7 who had made requests for both of them, inspiring me to write this.
I  hope you like it, and thank you for reading! All comments/votes are welcome.