*The Trip To Reim*

A/N: This chapter contains reference to sensitive subjects such as rape. Even though there ISN'T an actual rape in this, I felt like I have to add the warning, just in case.

......................................................................

Once Hakuyuu was determined to leave and head to Reim there was no way to stop him. He had no trouble conniving Aiko and Hiro about the reason why we should go instead of the old man, and he had even managed to get Aiko to agree to take the risk and try to sell the healing products she crafted, using her magic and the plants and vegetables that grew on their farm.

They were the same products she had been given to us, especially him.

"I may not know Much about sellings... But don't We need a permit to sell this kind of thing?" I asked Hakuyuu, watching while he arranged the small cristal bottles into a box. It was the same kind of box used to transport the bottles of wine we were talking to Reim, along with many wine wooden barrels.

"Exactly. That's why I hide them in this box" The prince replied, never taking his eyes away from his task.

"Look at you. Who would've thought that the all serious and well-behaved first price would be the head master behind a smuggling deal" I teased with a smirk, leaning back and crossing my arms over my chest. Hakuyuu lifted his gaze from the box to face me.

"I'm not a prince anymore. I'm just an ordinary man, who needs to find a way to, somehow, repay the people who have done so much for me. Nothing would ever be enough, but I have to try, even if that means going against what I believe is right." He explained, and the determination and conviction in his voice made me feel so guilty. Here I was, making jokes while he was trying to find a way out of all this mess our lives were now.

"I'm sorry Hakuyuu, it was just a joke. Please forgive me" I apologize, gazing at the floor. A moment later I feel his hand over my arm. Gazing up, my eyes meet his blue ones.

"I know. Don't apologize. I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Besides, you are one of those people" He smiles sweetly to me and all I can think is how happy I am that he is with me. Before I can even think about what I'm doing, I wrap my arms around his torso, pulling him into a tight hug. I feel his body tensing up at the unexpected contact, and I quickly pull away.

"Sorry, I..." I take a step back, trying to hide my face from him, that's probably red as a tomato.

"It's ok." Hakuyuu chuckles, going back to his task.

.

.

.

Only a few days later Hakuyuu and I were at the port. It was a beautiful sunny day in Kou, and the smell of salty water filled my nostrils. Some sailors were running from here to there, loading the last parts of the cargo, while the second in command gave the orders. All the wine barrels, along with the boxes, were already in the stowage.

I was carrying only the few clothes that the Aiko gave me, while Hakuyuu was carrying the little belongings he had, along with Hakuren's sword. While we were saying goodbye to the couple who had done so much for us, I could see how Aiko just didn't bother to hide the tears that kept falling down her cheeks, while Hiro hid them behind a sad but proud face. In the month we had stayed with them, they have grown to love us as part of their family. The couple hugged us both and we promise to come back and visit them soon. I hoped we could keep that promise. Once it was announced that we were about to leave, Hakuryuu and I boarded the ship, waving them goodbye.

I was going to be a journey that would take several months and, for my distress, the moment I set foot on that ship, I felt completely out of place. Even though it was a small crew, it consisted entire of men. I was the only woman there. There was the captain, a middle age man whose face was marked by wrinkles product by the long hours under the sun, but whose stare conveyed confidence and leadership. Then there was the second in command, a younger man, with a more jovial and adventurous spirit but no less deserving of respect. He was responsible for transmitting the captain's orders and making sure that they were fulfilled. And then, there was the rest of the crow, who consisted of the cook, his assistants, along with about 10 sailors, and finally me and Hakuyuu.