*Bad Omen*

I was leaning over the edge of one of the many balconies of the Palace, watching the sunrise, like I have done many times before.

In times of war, I had started to have trouble sleeping. I would wake in the middle of the night and I couldn't go back to sleep. At some point I started to go out of my room and sneak into this place to see the sunrise. From that moment, it was something that had always helped me clear my mind. I loved to just watch the sun going up, feel it's warmth in my face, and let my mind travel to places a had never been, meeting people I didn't know.

It was a childish game, but it made me happy.

"The view is excellent form here, right?"

I recognize that voice. I smile even before turning around.

"Good morning, Hakuyuu."

"Morning, Nerea" He smiles, like h's holding a laugh.

"What are you laughing about?" I frown.

"You didn't bow or call me Prince or any honorific, I like that"

"Well... You have been pretty insistent with that matter" I  chuckle.

What are you doing up so early?" He moves to stand next to me, looking into the horizon like I was doing.

"I  couldn't sleep. I come here a lot actually. How about you?" I turn to look away too.

"I have a lot of work to do. I was on my way to the library when I saw you here"

"You work too much"

"Well, there a lot of things left to be done for this empire" He smiles but sounds a bit sad.

"I  didn't mean... What I meant was, I admire you for that. You'll be an excellent ruler" And I really meant what I say.

Hakuyuu turns to face me, grabbing my hand, which takes me completely by surprise. I look at our hands and back to him.

"You truly believe that? I want to do what's best for this country. I was born for that, and I share the same believes my father has. I want the Kou Empire to be the greatest one of all. But sometimes I'm afraid I may not be capable of doing so. What if I'm not good enough?"

He sighs and looks away, still holding my hand.

I stay perplexed for a moment. I don't think he had ever opened up to me like that. I not sure if he had done it to anyone, maybe only with Hakuren. He must be really worried if he's telling me all this.

Without second thoughts I cup his cheek with one hand, making him face me. His eyes widen but he doesn't move my hand away.

"I'm sure you'll be the best Emperor this country could ask for, And I want to be here by your side to watch you achieve all that you want. That's if you allow me, of course" I say in a sweet voice.

He smiles, resting his own hand over mine. The prince it's about to say something when we hear someone clearing his throat next to us.

"I'm sorry your highness, but your mother is looking for you" A guard from the Palace says and he sure does look uncomfortable.

.

.

.

It's been more than a week since my talk with Hakuyuu. Lately, I have been sneaking out of my room at night, to look for some of the secret tunnels. Some of them have taken me to places I had never met before. I was really exited about my discovery, but I wasn't sure who to trust with the information.