*The Fall*

A/N: Be prepared for some angst
----------------------------------------

I run as fast as I can, trying to shake away this awful feel I have, praying to be wrong.

The smell of smoke and the heat intensifies as I get closer.

Once I reach my destination, I can't believe what I see.

The place is completely on fire. Smokes and flames come out of the broken windows, and I hear loud noises coming from inside.

The image of my friends faces flashed through my mind and for a second I want to believe they are not in there.

That's only until I see a small blurry figure inside. I guess somebody else has already noticed the fire because I hear the screams of soldiers yelling orders to each other and approaching where I am. But there isn't enough time.

I run to the entrance just the moment Hakuryuu is running out. I kneel in front of him and he hugs me tightly. He's covered in blood, but I can see he has some burn marks on his face and arm. The poor kid is in a complete state of shock. I pull him away, lightly grabbing him by the shoulders.

"Hakuryuu what happened!? Are you ok!?"

He looks at me with red eyes, full of tears.

"My mom... He said... it was our mother" He whispers, crying and looking at the floor. My eyes widen and I can't believe what he's saying.

"Your mother? What? Where are your brothers!?" I yell, not being able to control my emotions.

"They are inside.. Hakuren is... Hakuyuu.. He... His blood..." He babbles between sobs.

Just then I realize that the blood covering him is not his.

"Run. Run and get help" I order him, pushing him out of the entrance.

I don't know how but a second later I'm running inside the burning building.

My eyes start to fill with tears due to the smoke. Glancing from side to side all I see are flames. I cover my nose and mouse with my sleeve, trying to avoid the inhalation of more smoke, that burns me inside.

Once I go deeper into the room, I see someone on the floor. I move closer to the body and I recognize Emperor Hakutoku. Someone killed him.

My heart beats even faster, as I try to find Hakuren and Hakuyuu. I keep walking into the room, and now I'm almost blind become of the smoke. My whole body hurts and I feel my skin burning up.

Just when I think I'm not going to find them, I hit something with my foot and fell to the ground. Kneeling back up, I see Hakuren. He's unconscious and horribly injured. All the excitement I feel upon finding Ren goes away the moment I put my ear over his chest trying to find any traces of pulse. I yell and shake him trying to wake him up, but there's no response.

My best friend is dead. My heart breaks into hundreds of pieces and I don't know what to do. The tears keep streaming down my face as I hide my face in his chest. I feel so weak. Pieces of fabric and wood keep falling from the ceiling and I'm about to give up to my faith of also dying there, when I hear a soft cough near me.

Looking up I spot a male figure just a few feet from me.

Crawling, I reach him. Hakuyuu.

He's in a similar state to his brother, and blood is coming out from a wound on his stomach. I do the same I did with Hakuren, pressing my ear against his chest. His pulse is very weak, but he's alive.

"Hakuyuu...!!"

I take his face with both of my hands, trying to see if he's awake, but he must have passed out.

I need to take him out. I have to save us both, but I don't know how.

The entrance it's not only too far away, but also blocked because of the fire and pillars that have fallen down. There's no way out... Or maybe there is.

I remember seeing something about a tunnel in this room. I haven't had the chance to check if it really exists, but is our only hope. I tear apart the bottom part of my dress, and wrap it around Hakuyuu's wound, trying to stop the bleeding as much as I can. Standing back on my feet,  I turn back and grab Hakuren sword that is lying next to us, and I tie it to my waist with the belt of my dress.

Finally, I grab Hakuyuu from under his arms, dragging him with me.

Once I reach the wall at the end of the room, I leave Hakuyuu and desperately start running my fingers through the wall until I finally find what I'm looking for. I go back to the dragging Hakuyuu, this time through the tunnel. 

Dragging his body in this state makes him extremely heavy. In addition, my own body hurts due to burns, I can't stop coughing and my eyes burn due to the smoke and tears that I can hold back. I keep telling myself that I need to keep going.

After a while I start feeling a cold and gentle breeze on my face. The tunnel is almost completely dark, and being night,  I don't know how much more I need to continue to reach an exit, or even to where that exit will lead us.

Time passes, until I can't keep walking anymore. I let go of Hakuyuu and fall to the ground. Sweating and breathing hastily, I lean back against the tunnel wall, resting the prince's head on my lap. The cloth wrapped in his wound is soaked with blood, and his pulse seems increasingly weak.

Just when the little hope I had gained it's starting to drift away, I hear a male voice and I start calling for help.

"Hello? Young lady are you ok!?"

An elderly man I had never seen before, looks worried at me, before I pass out from exhaustion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I really struggled and felt bad writing this chapter... But what happens here was something I had planned from the start. I hope you don't hate me too much.
All comments and opinions are welcome, but please, no hateful comments.