*In Love And War*

My happy life in the Kou Empire suddenly came to an end the day I found out about the war.

The Emperor had decided to join the war between the countries that were fighting each other in the Eastern Plains. His desired was to unite those countries. His sons shared the same desire. Specially Hakuyuu.

The Emperor himself, along with my father, and many others like Hakuren, Hakuyuu, Koumei and Kouen, who conquered two dungeons during that time, marched into a war that nobody knew when would come to an end.

While I was still in Kou, I founded out that my father had died in the war. We haven't really grown any closer, but his death along with the absence of my friend made me relive the feeling of loneliness that I felt when losing my mother. Along with the news came a letter from the Emperor, in which he established that in gratitude for my father's services all these years, I would receive the corresponding profits that were intended for him, and I would be granted the right to continue living in the palace. I really didn't care about all that, all I wanted was for them to come back safe.

Looking for some way to ease my mind, I focused all my attention an energy on study and training. Kouen had turned out to be someone really greedy for knowledge since he was quite young, so I took that time to read some of the books and scrolls he had left behind. I leaded some interesting things about Kou and even the Palace itself.

Years went by until their return.

One day, after visiting the market, I went back to the palace to find it turned into a big mess. I watched while most of the maids, slaves and even the guards were running from one place to another and everyone murmured about someone's return. Upon going inside I came across some soldiers and horses. All this commotion could only be due to one thing.

As I was walking down the hall, heading to the throne room to see if what I had been dreaming about had finally became true, when a familiar voice called me.

"Excuse me, Miss?"

I turned around to see Hakuren standing there.

He hadn't changed that much. His blue eyes were still cheerful and bright, even after all they had seen. His hair was a bit messy and spiky and he was taller. He had grown into a handsome young man.

Juding by the look on his face, I believed he hadn't recognized me, and I was so shocked, that I didn't know what to say. We just stared at each other for a moment and before I could react someone else came up behind him.

"Did you find her?"

Hakuyuu.

Like his brother, he had also grown taller, and his dark blue hair was longer. My heart almost stops when his blue eyes met mine. I could still find in them the same courage and determination I admired so much, and, to be honest, he now was the most handsome man I had ever seen in my life.

"You are back... You guys are finally back!!" I started yelling while my heart overflowed with so many emotions.

"Nerea?" Hakuren's eyebrows lifted a fraction and he took a step closer.

Hakuyuu eyes widened and he stared at me, while I jumped forward, wrapping one arm around Hakuren's neck while pulling him into the hug as well, using my free arm.

At that moment I couldn't care less about manners, etiquette, or the fact that they were princes.

"We didn't survive a war just so you could choke us to death, you know?" Hakuren said between laughs, hugging me tighter before pulling away.

"I almost didn't recognize you! You look so..." Hakuren smiled, looking at me up and down.

"Beautiful" Hakuyuu whispered under his breath, looking at me. I'am sure he had no intention of saying it, because the moment he did, he cleared his throat, looking away.

Both Hakuren and I look at him, surprised. His younger brother chuckled and I blushed in every tone of red possible.

"Well, he's right, you do! I almost didn't recognize you!" Hakuren teased, trying to move pass the awkward moment.

"Thank you! Both of you had changed a lot too, and I've missed you so much..." My voice started to crack and I covered my face with one hand to hide the tears.

"It's ok. We are here now" Hakuen said, touching my arm.

"We are deeply sorry about your father. He fought with great courage until his last breath" Hakuyuu told me, putting his hand over my shoulder.

"Thank you" I cleaned the tears from my cheeks and composed myself.  I glanced at Hakuyuu and he smiled at me. A smile that brightens his face and makes my heart beat faster.

"Well, let's go. We still haven't seen Hakuryuu or our mother! And I'm sure you want to see Kouen and Koumei right?" Hakuyuu said cheerfully, gesturing us to follow him.

The three of us walked down the corridors and I had to suppress the urge to hug them again. I couldn't believe they were here. I was happy again. We were happy. At least for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Here Is chapter 3! Thank you for giving this story a chance.  I'll be doing some big time skips, but it will be only in this first chapters, until the story gets to where I'm trying to take it. I hope you like it and all comments/votes are welcome!