*Hiro and Aiko*

I open my eyes to find myself in a place I have never been before. It's a small room, and looks like the interior of a wooden cabin.

I'm over a futon, and my body is covered with a blanket and sheet. I lift my hands to ceiling to study the bandages that wrap around most part of my arms.

Sitting up, I notice I'm not wearing my usual clothes, but instead, I have a simple oversize white dress.

My head hurts. How long have I been unconscious?

I try to remember what happened, as flashes start to run through my mind. I remember the fire, the smoke, Hakuryuu, the Emperor... And Ren. My eyes widen as I cover my mouth with my hands to suppress the sobs.

Gazing to my side, I just realize I'm not alone. There's another futon, no too far from mine. Pulling myself up, I move closer.

Hakuyuu lays there, unconscious.

Even when he is under some covers I notice he's not wearing a shirt, but most of his body, from his neck down, is covered with bandages. His once long dark blue hair is now chopped in some parts, probably because of the fire.

"Oh, you're awake! How are you feeling, dear?" An elderly woman, with long white hair and green eyes comes into the room. She's wearing the traditional clothes used by the people that work the fields, away from the Urban areas of the empire. She's carrying some clean towels and bandages.

"My name is Aiko. This is my home." She introduces herself, waking closer to me."My husband, Hiro, founded you and your friend in a cave a few miles from here. I guess you were lucky one of our animals had run away" She smiles sweetly to me. "What's your name, dear?"

"I'm Umi" I decide to use my mother's name. I don't think it's safe to tell anybody our real name, just in case.

"Lovely name! And your friend?" She looks at Hakuyuu.

"He's... H-Hikaru" I say the first name that comes to my mind.

"How long was I sleeping?" I ask her.

"Tree days"She replies, leaving the towels and bandages over a small wooden nightstand. She turns around to face me. "What happened to you two?"

"We were caught in the middle of a fire" I don't bother lying, as it's much be something quite obvious because of our wounds.

"You work at the Palace?" She asks with curiosity.

"What do you mean?"

"There was a fire just three days ago. The Emperor and the two oldest princes die, along with some people from the Palace. I assume that you worked there because of your burns and the fact that both were wearing some rather expensive clothes"

"Well, yes. Actually, we were working there that day. We were attending some nobles that were at the Palace. We got cough in the fire as well..." I try to sound as convincing as possible, but, I know my nerves are starting to show. Aiko walks to me, placing her hand over my shoulder.

"It's ok, dear. You don't have to tell me anything else."

"Thank you." I sigh in relief. "How bad is he?"I glance back at Hakuyuu.

"Well, first let me tell you that you were a lot easier to treat. You had some burns on your arms and legs, along with cuts and bruises. But I was able to treat most of them."She says, pointing at my arms. "Your friend on the other hand. Well, he has some deeper burns on most of his body. And he seems to have been stabbed in the stomach. I did my best, but I'm afraid some scars are going to be permanent" She looks at him and I do the same.