*The Imperial Family*

I remember the day I met them.

My mother had died and I was sent to live with my father, Emperor Hakutoku's advisor, Wan.

I really didn't like my father. He had some other woman and had abandoned me and my mother. So who could blame me? But he was all I had, and, for some reason, he took me in and I had to learn to live in the Palace.

The day I arrived, I had already met the Emperor, how seemed like a severe but kind man. I was anxious, but I managed to control my nerves.

The following day, I stood next to my father, while he introduced me to the Emperor's family. I was just a young girl, and I remember thinking how elegant and proud they all looked, standing in front of me, all wearing their traditional clothes of the Kou Imperial royalty.

I took my time to study all of them.

The first thing I noticed was how they all seemed to share resemble features: the dark blue color of their hair, the mole next to their chin, and the beautiful blue eyes.

I glanced at Empress Gyokuen, who was looking back at the my with a dull expression in her pale blue eyes. I thought she was so beautiful...and being an only child, I wondered how a woman that looked so young could have so many children. The Empress was holding her newborn child in her arms, prince Hakuryuu.

Princess Hakuei was clinging tightly on her mother's skirt, while looking at the my with curiosity. I assumed that she was only a couple of years younger than me.

The Second imperial prince, was the only one starting at me with a big smile on his face. There was something in his blue eyes that told me we would get along just fine. I know right there that he would be my friend. My father had told me we were the same age.

The oldest prince, on the other hand...Well, he was another matter. His very presence radiated a certain solemnity and demand for respect, which made me feel uneasy. It was similar to the feeling I had had upon meeting his father. I remember how his blue eyes had met mine for a brief moment, and that was enough to make me feel the need of hiding behind my father.

"Nerea, this Empress Gyokuen, and these are the imperial princes. Prince Hakuyuu and Prince Hakuren, Princess Hakuei and little Prince Hakuryuu"

"It's an honor meeting you all" I bowed deeply at them.

"What a lovely girl you have Wan" Gyokuen said, smiling. She also mentioned something about taking Hakuryuu in his room before walking away, with Hakuei following her.

My father just excused himself after that. He was a busy man after all, so he left me alone with the two princes.

There was an awkward moment of silence. We all just stood there, looking at each other. Hakuyuu was about to turn around and leave when Hakuen grabbed my hand.

"Come on! We've to go training" He said, pulling me with him.

"Hakuren you can't bring her!" His older brother scolled, walking next to us.

"Why not? She's going to live here, so she needs to learn! She can train with us!" Hakuren said, still pulling me by the hand. "You like swords?" He asked, looking at me.

"I -I guess" I stuttered.

"Great!"

After that, and followed by a long talk with my father, the princes instructor reluctantly accepted finding someone who could teach me as well.

Days later, Hakuren introduced me to Kou's high priest, who was a two year old kid. He had ebony black hair, and eyes red as rubis. Who could have thought that cute boy would grow up to be such a pampered and obnoxious young man.

I also met the Emperor's brother and his children. The eldest, Kouen, he was a couple of years younger than me. He seems to admire Hakuyuu, and he mimicked part of his serious personality. Koumei was a more relax kid. He didn't like joining us in any kind of activity that involved physical training. I only met Kouha and Kougyoku a few years after.

You could say I was getting along with all of them. But my best friend was the second prince, and, as he was always tugging along his older brother. That's why Hakuyuu would say that he had no other option but to like me, and he became my best friend too.

.............................................

A/N: Just a Short chapter! Please leave your comment/vote if you like it! Thank you! :D