Chapter 2

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

"He did what?!" my best friend, Blair Bradley, yelled.

"Your brother kissed me!" I repeated.

After I had scolded Blake for putting his lips on me, I had marched off to Blair's room. I was annoyed by how he thought he had an in and out access pass to my life. 

Yes, I'm interested in him, always have been, but he's never returned the feelings. All Blake ever did was argue with me. He's clearly shown me that he wasn't even a least bit attracted to me.

Why would he be? With my plain blond hair and dull blue eyes; I was ordinary.

Blake Bradley, on the other hand, was God's gift to Earth. 

His body was chiseled to perfection. His arms, chest, stomach, and leg muscles were the perfect size; not too big but definitely not too small. His hazel eyes shown bright and his black hair is messy in a sexy way. And he had a straight nose and nicely shaped lips.

Basically, Blake Bradley was perfect. And he knew it. Which explains his cockiness and his asshole of a personality. But I know that Blake can also be a sweetheart. I can see that by the way he treats his little sister.

He was protective over Blair and cared a lot about her. I was always jealous of how Blake and Aiden treated Blair, I wish someone cared about me as both those boys obviously cared about her.

I'm an only child and since my parents are retired, they're always away. They are now using their retirement money to travel all around the world. So, I was always alone.

It would've been nice to grow up with friends, like how Aiden had grown up with both Blake and Blair. That's why I was so happy when I met Blair my first year in college. Ever since then, she's been like a sister to me.

As I paced back and forth in Blair's room that New Years' night, I was irritated and confused by Blake's actions. At the same time, I couldn't stop smiling as the kiss played over and over in my mind.

I managed to avoid him the rest of our stay at the Bradley's. I didn't know what to say to him. Do we talk about the kiss or just pretend it never happened? I even ignored him on the drive back to University of California Los Angeles, where we all went to school.

Even though I was with him them all the time, both Bradleys and Aiden Chambers lived together in an apartment on campus while I had to live in a dorm room by myself. That didn't stop me from practically living at their place.

Personally, I liked being around Blake a lot but I can tell he didn't like being around me.

You see, I was never the quiet one. I am loud and obnoxious. I speak my mind and I'm straight up about everything. It's a good trait of mine but it's also a bad one. Many people like the honesty, some can't handle the truth in my words. But I do and say what I want anyways. I've never been the one who cared about what other people thought. 

The day we got back, it was a Tuesday. Every Tuesday, Aiden and Blake would be gone half the day due to classes that start from 9AM till 6PM. And lucky enough, Blair and I didn't have classes that day. So, on this day every week, we had a girls' day.

And that day was today; which explains the current gossiping.

"Oh my God, I can't believe he really kissed you, Carly!" Blair was saying then paused. "Okay. It's really weird talking about my brother kissing my best friend."

I snickered. "Now you know how Blake feels." At first, Blake didn't approve of his best friend and his little sister's relationship; but that's another story.

"I know, but unlike him, I have no problem of you two being more than friends." she said. "I actually encourage it. He needs someone like you in his life."

"Someone like me?"

"You know how up tight and serious he is. Blake needs someone who's daring, crazy, unpredictable, and enthusiastic. You two are pretty much a perfect match."

The thing was, I already knew we were a perfect match. I always knew we were meant for each other. But there's nothing I can do about that. Blake Bradley can barely stand me, let alone think we were soul mates.

~

Blake's POV

"You did what?!" my best friend, Aiden, yelled.

"I kissed my little sister's best friend!" I repeated.

After the annoying little maiden had nagged me for putting my hands on her, she stomped away. Carly West had left me there; my hands balled into fists in irritation but my body wanting nothing more than to run after her and kiss her again.

Ever since that New Years' Eve night, I could tell she was ignoring me. I couldn't blame her. I had no right to kiss her but I couldn't help it

I had no idea what kind of force had pulled me towards her, but I don't regret it one bit. That kiss was honestly the best that I've ever experienced. And trust me when I say that I am practically a professional at lip locking.

As awful and heartless as it sounds, girls are nothing more than just play things to me. Hey, I'm just being honest here.

My number one goal in life is to serve and protect.

I had wanted to join the Navy and follow in my father's footsteps but after he disappeared when I was 12 years old, I had a job to do and that was to take care of my mother and sister. Even though I wasn't protecting millions of people like I wanted to, I was protecting the two most important women in my life and that evened that out.

I'm a player and I'm not ashamed. Some things are just more important to me than stupid relationships that don't last. 

Then I met Carly West.

Yes, she was like all the other girls; falling for my good looks and charms. But for some reason, she's the one I can't get out of my mind. 

Maybe it was the way you can point her out in the crowd with just her silky blond hair. Or how you can't ever look away from her big blue eyes. Or how her personality was too much to handle but at the same time, it excites and captures you.

All I know is that I gravitate towards her.

Two days after New Years, we had to head back home to UCLA. It was a Tuesday and every Tuesday means that while Aiden and I had classes to go to, Blair and Carly were having a girls day.

There was no doubt in my mind that Carly is currently gossiping to my sister about that hot New Years' Eve kiss.

I remembered the last girls day they had. Aiden and I had walked in on them doing Tom Cruise's 'Old Time Rock and Roll' number from the movie 'Risky Business'. They were dressed in just our white button down shirts, hipster sunglasses, and long black socks.

It was an amusing sight. 

Then I had teased Carly about it and she got mad and stripped of my shirt, causing her to stand in nothing but her skimpy lace underwear.

Right now, Aiden and I were on our way to our government class and the main topic was the kiss. "I can't believe you really kissed her, Blake." Aiden was saying. "I mean I knew you liked her..."

I did a double take. "Like her? I can't stand her!"

Aiden all but rolled his eyes at me. "Yeah. You know what they say... The one who teases you the most is the one who likes you the most."

"That only applies to 7 year olds."

"Both of you act like 7 year olds with all the bickering you two get into."

"I don't have feelings for Carly fucking West."

"And I didn't have sex with your little sister."

..................

"911, what's your emergency?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~