Chapter 3

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

I tried not to laugh as I watched Blair hit her older brother numerous times with her purse.

Blake had told us that on the way to their class, they had gotten into a little heated argument. I guess Aiden was joking about something but since Blake didn't have a single funny bone in his body, he had taken the joke seriously and snapped. He punched Aiden square in the face, causing him to fall back and hit his head on a nearby bench.

Blair and I had rushed over to St. Joseph Mercy hospital right when we got the phone call from Blake. Right when we saw him sitting in front of room 150, Blair stomped over to him in anger.

"You always do this to him!" Blair was yelling. "I don't even know how you two can be friends when all you do is fight." Blake just bowed his head in shame.

The door to Aiden's room suddenly opened and a nurse walked out. She was rather gorgeous and brightened the hall when she appeared. I saw Blair shift uneasily at the pretty nurse who was obviously taking care of her boyfriend.

"Hi, there. I'm Savannah, Aiden's nurse." she greeted with a smile.

"Is he alright?" Blair asked, ignoring the handshake the nurse tried to offer.

Savannah awkwardly dropped the hand but kept the smile. "He's fine. Aiden just bumped his head a little to hard on the bench, causing him to black out. Nothing severe, no injuries except for a bump. But he did have a bloody nose and a cut on his lip. But I don't think the bench did that." she pointed her smile at Blake.

Blair glared at her brother one more time before pushing past him and Savannah to enter the room.

"Well, he is allowed to leave right away." Savannah said to me.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. She nodded and left.

With both her and Blair gone, I was left alone in the hall with Blake. He had sat down on a nearby chair and I went and sat down next to him.

"So, what'd you guys fight about now?" I asked him.

These were the most words I've spoken to him for the past couple of days. I needed to stop ignoring him. We were going to have to talk to each other eventually. 

"None of your business." he snapped. I hated it when he talked to me that way but I was used to it.

Blake Bradley was always angry. He was always serious and up tight. There would be rare occasions where I would catch his fun and charming personality then he'd remember that I was around and he'd close himself up. 

It was a sad thought, really. How he was only sweet to everyone else but me. But then I guess I understood. 

Blake Bradley had choices; from blonds, to brunettes, to redheads, to smart, to dumb, to rich, to poor, to Caucasian, to Asian, to Hispanic. He had them all lined up and all he had to was choose. 

And I was the last one in line.

"I was just asking." I snapped back. I was tired of this.

For years now, I told myself that Blake was not good for me. I know what I deserve and it's not being treated like shit. I deserved someone who knows what he's got.

But I can't help it, I love him. I do. When you truly love someone, you would know it the first moment you lay your eyes on them.

I will never forget the day I walked in their apartment and I see the black-haired, hazel-eyed hunk of a man. At the first few months after meeting him, I saw his true personality. A big marshmallow.