Chapter 6

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

I watched as they zipped up Christopher Warner's dead body and I couldn't avoid the chills that ran through my body, giving me goosebumps and making my hair stand to its tip.

After the police came and secured the area, I was questioned. I told them everything that happened; starting from taking the short cut and ending at when the black hooded figure had pointed their finger at me.

They had contacted my parents. My mother's hysterical cries was heard even from 20 feet away. After assuring them that everything would be fine, they promised to come home as soon as possible. I argued and told them I could take care of myself. Later on, we had agreed that they would visit in a couple of weeks to check up on me.

Now, I was seated on the back of the ambulance for check up procedures. Aside from the shock I was currently in, there were no injuries.

Christopher wasn't so lucky. 

The knife penetrated so deep in his lungs that it had curved up and punctured the left side of his heart, killing him instantly. The look of pain in his eyes, when he had looked at me right before he dropped dead, haunted my thoughts.

I called Blair, and that conversation didn't come to easily. Just like my mother, she burst into tears and started hiccupping on the other line. Luckily, Aiden was with her and took the situation more calmly.

"Tell her I'll be fine." I had lied to Aiden.

I'm not fine. For the first time in my life, I was genuinely scared. Throughout my whole life, I had taken life as it came and I took it with my head held high. But right now, all I wanted to do was hide. 

I had just witnessed a murder. A man had just died right before my eyes and I just stood there, stuck on the floor, and did nothing. And now the person who had killed him knows who I am, knows what I saw, knows that I called the cops, and will most likely be after me.

"Drink up." A deep voice interrupted my horrid thoughts. 

I looked up to see the gray-eyed man who had calmed me down earlier. He was holding out a water bottle to me and I took it without hesitating, downing the whole bottle. The cool water was relieving as it passed down my throat. I sighed in content and licked my dry lips. Then, tears started to form.

The man sat down next to me and put a strong arm over my shoulder. "Shucks, sweetheart. Please don't cry."

I couldn't help it, the tears just started falling. It wasn't even 1 o'clock yet and so much drama had occurred in the past couple of hours than it had in my whole life.

All I could think about was how much I wished Blake was here. I needed him. He was the only one capable of taking my mind off of the situation and making me feel better.

But of course, he wanted nothing to do with me. The memories of him kicking me out this morning came rushing back to me, making me cry even harder.

My parents were halfway across the world, my best friend was moving in with her boyfriend, and the guy I love hates me. I was all alone. Like always.

"I'm Riley, by the way. Riley Sherman." the gray-eyed man said.

I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision and took in Riley Sherman's appearance. I guess you could say he was handsome, but not as handsome as someone else I know... But he was attractive nonetheless with his striking gray eyes and dark brown hair. He was tall and had the perfect sized muscles that bunched up under his tight black shirt.