Chapter 16

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake's POV

Knock. Knock.

I jumped out of bed, pulling a sleeping Carly up with me. Ignoring her squeals of surprise, I hid her behind me as I waited for anymore noises.

"What the hell?" Carly said. "What are you--"

"Shhh!" I hissed at her, shushing her by placing a finger over her lips. She tried to say something but I shot her a warning look, shutting her up. "Hide in the closet and don't come out until I come get you, got it?"

Carly West actually did what I asked without a protest. I stood there in shock until I heard another round of knocking. I took the gun that I kept in the bedside drawer and made my way to the source of the sound.

I kept my back against the wall as I slowly walked through the apartment. I was careful not to make any noise to the perpetrator wouldn't know anyone was home.

If this was Riley Sherman looking for a second date, I was going to beat the living shit out of him.

Knock. Knock.

"Carly Anne West!" a voice from the other side of the front door yelped. "Open this door right now!"

It was a woman's voice so it wasn't Riley. Damn, this wasn't good. The person knew she was here, the person knew her name. I lifted up both my arms and aimed, ready to shoot if the person broke through the door.

I about screamed when I saw Carly walk out of her bedroom. "What the hell are you doing? Get back inside!" I whispered harshly.

Carly ignored me - like always - and walked passed me to stand in front of the front door. I lowered the gun and. grabbed a hold of her arm to pull her back.

"Mom?" Carly said to the wooden door.

Mom? Her parents are here?

I pulled her behind me and looked through the peephole of the front door. I held back a laugh at the sight before me.

A man and a woman stood there trying to push each other out the way so try could each look trough the peephole. They both had blonde hair but different colored eyes. I could see that Carly looked more like her mother than her father.

"Carly!" the man yelled. "Open up, honey. It's Mommy and Daddy!"

Carly groaned and I chuckled. Before opening the door, I made sure no one was around the Wests. Right when I opened the door, her parents jumped forward and enveloped Carly in a hug.

"Carly, dear!" her Mom cooed. "I'm so glad you're okay. After that phone call you made, we rushed right back here but had trouble finding you. You weren't at your dorm or at home. We visited Blair's parents and found out you're living here with--"

"Blake." my Dad finished for her. He was looking at me with a straight face but warning was flashing in his eyes.

Mrs. West let Carly go and gathered me in her arms in a tight hug. "Oh! It's so nice to finally meet you, dear. I'm Kelly West and this is my husband Zach West."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. West. I'm Blake Bradley." I introduced. Well tried to anyways. This woman was hugging the life out of me.

"Don't be all formal now! Just call us Kelly and Zach." she smiled and I noticed that she had the same twinkling blue eyes like her daughter.

"No, I prefer Mr. West." Zach said, his voice hard as he glared at me.

"Oh, shush, Zachary and be nice to the person protecting our daughter." Kelly lightly hit his arm.