Chapter 18

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake's POV

What?

Carly gasped beside me.

Who did the lawyer say? They have to be mistaken. It can't be...

"Enter the defense." Judge Point ordered.

The doors to my left opened asks in came Miranda Blue dressed in orange over alls with a policeman behind her and a man in a uniform guiding her way. She smirked when she saw Carly and I.

Unlike all the other times I've seen Miranda, she looked like shit. Normally, she was all dressed in her expensive slutty outfits and not a hair or make up was out of place. But now, her hair was unbrushed, she wore no makeup, revealing tired eyes and a pale unattractive face.

"Oh my God. What the fu--."

"Carly West on the stand please." the defendant ordered.

It took Carly a while to realize that he was talking to her. I grabbed her hand to give it a re assuring squeeze before letting her stand up. She looked at Miranda with wide eyes as she walked up to the stand. After promising her honesty on the bible, she took a seat and let the defendant ask her questions.

"Do you know Miranda Blue?" he asked.

"Well, not exactly."

"What does that mean? Is it a yes or a no?"

"I know her." Carly answered.

"Can you tell us what happened that day you saw Christopher Warner die?"

Carly looked uncertain. She looked from me, to her lawyer, and then to Carly. Her face hardened when she faced her and I guess she was finally putting the pieces together.

"I was taking a short cut to my dorm and into an alley. I came across a black hooded figure arguing with Christopher and then the figure just stabbed him. I screamed and it saw me and started to walk towards me but a couple of guys heard me scream and came to see what was going on."

It was like she said that all in one breath. I can see her shaking from where I was sitting and she was starting to turn a little pale.

"Is that all?" the defendant asked.

"Yes, that's all."

"Did you personally know Christopher Warner?"

"No, I did not."

The defendant gave Judge Point a nod, letting him know he was done with his questions. "Prosecutor, do you have any questions for Miss West?"

"No, you're honor." Carly's lawyer answered.

"You are dismissed." the Judge told Carly.

Carly took her time climbing down the stand and back to her seat next to me. I took her hand in mine to comfort her.

"Next up is Mr. Granger, a forensic officer." Judge Point introduced.

A man came from the seats behind us and took a seat were Carly was after putting his right hand on the bible. Carly's lawyer stood up and asked him some questions.

"So you were the one in charge of collecting the evidence found on the crime scene?" the prosecutor asked.

"Yes." Mr. Granger answered.

"Explain to us what you found and how it connects to Miranda Blue."

"The main evidence was the knife which had her fingerprints all over the handle and blade. The soil surrounding the crime scene had foot prints that matched running shoes we found in her apartment. The shoes also included trace evidence that matched the one in the crime scene. She had the black hooded sweater in her closet that had traces of Christopher's blood on the cuff."