Chapter 15

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

I slipped into my black ballet flats and checked out my outfit in the full body mirror. My hair was twirled into a bun above my head and I was dressed in a simple purple sun dress with a black jean jacket.

I was dressed casually for my dinner date with Riley Sherman... And Blake. Riley was well aware that wherever I go, Blake comes with.

Blake and I had managed to avoid the topic of this date since the sleepover at Aiden's yesterday. Even now, he had no idea I was getting ready for it. Maybe he thought I had forgotten all about it. Boy, will he be in a shock.

I nervously walked out of my room with a small purse strapped over my shoulder. Maybe I can sneak out...

"Where are you going?"

Surprised, I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath to steady my heart. "You scared me." I told Blake.

He raised an eyebrow as he took in my outfit and purse, slowly studying my appearance. "Well?" he said.

"Well what?" acting stupid.

"Why are you dressed like you're going out? Are you?"

"Uhm. Well, Riley--"

"No." he blurted out before I could finish.

I glared at him and like the immature person I am, I crossed my arm over my chest and stomped my foot. "Why not?!" I asked.

"Cause I said so." he seemed bored and rushed over to the front door so he could adjust all the locks.

"This is not fair!" I whined.

"Have you not learned your lesson from before? It's not safe, Carly."

I guess he was right but I was suffocating from always being home. I wanted to go out and hang out with my other friends. I want to go clubbing and have girl's day with Blair.

I needed this date with Riley. I was slowly going crazy! It was like a taste of freedom for me. And the fact that Blake's jealous streak shows every time we're around him is a plus.

"Please, Blake?" I took a step closer, making my lips pout a little and widening my big blue eyes. I knew he was a sucker for the puppy dog face. It always worked for Blair every time she used it.

"No." Blake looked at me with a blank face.

"Agh!!!" Defeated, I stomped away and into my room.

After a few minuets of pacing back and forth in my room, I started to get angrier. It was 8 and I'm sure Riley was already waiting for me. Grabbing my phone from my purse, I called him.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Riley!" I replied.

"Carly? I'm at the Cafe, where are you?"

"There's been a change of plans."

"Oh? Are you canceling?" he sounded a bit nervous.

"No, no." I quickly answered. "I was just wondering if you'd rather get take out and eat dinner over at my place."

"Will Blake be there?"

"Only cause he has to be."

The other line was silent and I wondered if he had already hung up.

"Sure. I'll be over in an hour with Chinese take out for all of us. What's your address?" he saidz

I gave him my address and quickly hung up the phone. I silently yelled a mental "Ha!" in my head at Blake for finding a loop hole in his plan.