Chapter 8

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

Where was Blake?

Wasn't he suppose to be at my side at all times to protect me? Why wasn't he here now?

My fear heightened as I walked through the dark UCLA campus by myself. I kept my distance from the alleys, scared that the incident will repeat itself. It was close to midnight and not a lot of people were outside.

Up ahead, I saw two figures right under the glow of one of the street lights. As I got closer, their faces got clearer.

The light cast a shadow over the woman's face but I could make out her features. She had brown hair that that was bobbed and framed her face. She had a small button nose and eyes that were a little bit too close together and a perfect white smile.

I knew the other person was Blake just from the intimidating way he was standing and how I can clearly see his hazel eyes shine even from yards away.

They were standing a little too close to each other and was engaged in a conversation. I started to walk faster so I could be safe by his side once again.

Then, they kissed.

I stopped in my tracks a few yards from them and suddenly, breathing didn't come easy anymore.

They were locked together in an intense kiss. His arms were slowly wrapped tightly around her waist, lifting her slightly off the ground, while her arms went around his neck.

I couldn't hold onto the tears, they just started falling down my face like a waterfall. I wouldn't be surprised if I just suddenly dropped dead. I don't know how I'm still alive from all the damage my heart has been through today.

I couldn't utter a sound, move my feet, or stop the tears from falling. So, I just stood there and watched the man I love kiss someone else.

I saw her smile as she pulled away and it broke my heart because I knew just how amazing his kisses made you feel. I was once in her position except he had rejected me and with this stranger, he pulled her again for another kiss.

Then, a cold hand roughly went on my mouth, muffling the scream that instinctively escaped. I fought and struggled, trying to slip from his hold. I could still see Blake and the mystery woman locked in their kiss. Fear overflowed through me as more tears fell.

An arm wrapped itself around my front, pulling me back and dragging me to a familiar alley. I was pushed against a brick wall, a hand still covering my mouth while the other held both my hands tight above my head.

The figure was in black sweats and stood taller than me. Their hood was over their head, preventing me from seeing who they were. I stopped crying but my heart rate doubled.

"Don't testify. Forget what you saw. Forget what happened." their voice was raspy and every word was like a scratch.

Then I saw the person take something out of his pocket. Before I could even do anything else, the knife entered me.

~

"Come on, you two, it's not like you're never going to see each other again. You have a class together tomorrow." I heard the amusement in Aiden's voice.

Blair and I held on a little longer to each other as we said our goodbyes. It was noon the next day and it was time for both Blair and Aiden to move out of Blake's crib and into Aiden's new apartment in the city.