Chapter 7

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

"I can't breath!" I tried to say but Blair's arms were squeezing me so hard that I couldn't get the words past my throat.

"I'm sorry!" Blair sobbed. "I just can't believe all this."

"I can't either." I muttered.

The judge insisted that the guarding start right away. He ordered Blake to have me moved in with him by the end of the day. After we had said our goodbyes to everyone, including Riley Sherman, we left the Superior Court and headed back to my dorm room. 

Since I was only staying with Blake for a month, less if they catch the perpetrator sooner, I decided to just pack the necessary things; like clothes and bathroom necessities. 

Aside from helping me put my suitcases in his black G6, Blake kept his distance and kept his mouth shut. He was angry, I could tell by the way he always had his hands locked up in fists that they paled and how his mouth was turned down into a deep frown.

He had no right to be angry, I was the one who might have a murderer after me just because I saw something that I shouldn't have. Plus, I wouldn't have been in that situation if he didn't kick me out.

Part of me believed that it was my fault that Blake acted the way he did. I had pushed people away before, that's what I do. I don't do it on purpose, just the way I am repels people. Nobody ever cared enough to stay.

The hallow space in my chest still ached from where my heart broke at the way he spoke to me earlier that day. I still felt the jiggling of the broken pieces at the bottom of my stomach every time our eyes met or whenever our hands brushed against each other.

Mix that feeling along with fear and you've got a shaking Carly West. 

Even as Blake kept his distance, I tried not to be so obvious when I would scoot closer to him, scared that the black-hooded figure would appear out of no where and hack me into pieces.

When we arrived at his apartment, I was automatically enveloped in one of Blair's bear hugs while Blake made sure the doors and windows were secured.

We were all gathered in their living room, drinking coffee and talking about the serious situation. After we had told them what happened and what the court's decision was, both Blair and her boyfriend looked at us as if we grew two heads.

"I shouldn't move out. You need me here with you." Blair said to me. "I can stay in my old room and you can just move in Aiden's old room when he moves out."

"That's just crazy talk, Blair." I replied. "You will not do that."

"The hell I will, Carly. You're my best friend. I will not leave you by yourself." My heart contracted at her words. She cared. 

"She won't be by herself, I'm going to be with her. I am her guard after all. " Blake butted in. "Plus, I told Judge Point that I had the apartment all to myself. It would violate a lot of rules if you stayed."

Blair chewed on her bottom lip, in deep thought, and Aiden patted her back.

"He's right, Blair. You have to let your brother do his job." he told his girlfriend and then winked at her. "And I was really excited to move in together."

Blake groaned. "Don't have this conversation in front of me." he said to them. 

"Are we allowed to visit?" Blair asked, ignoring his previous comment.