Food Goo-Poo // 2

It's awfully quiet. Too quiet. It leaves me over thinking and pondering over my whole life as I stare down at the food goo, absently stiring my spoon in the green mush, cringing at the sound it's making. I hear the sound of spoons hitting the metal bowl as everybody seems to be in their own kind of world, doing the same action as me.

Nobody has said a word in almost eight minutes now, nobody even daring to excuse themself from the table. Every five seconds someone will worriedly throw a quick glance at Shiro sitting at the very far end of the table, carefully eating his food. He's not even looking angry anymore, more like overly exhausted and just disappointed.

I look over at Allura and Coran, keeping their mouth closed. It surprises me they're not questioning the whole moment, but it must be evident in thin air. The tension. They must feel it and do good in not talking.

What surprises me even more is Lance, sitting far away from me. He's too quiet. It's not normal at all but I appreciate it alot. If us arguing leads us to this kind of silence, I would do it all the time. And if it means Shiro would scream his heart out at us, I would gladly let him.

Just let me have this silence.

Someone clears their throat and everything I just cherished shatters in less than two seconds.

"Keith, if you keep glaring at your food, it would most likely turn to food goo-poo because you're shit", Lance says from across the table and points at me with his spoon, splashing a little amount of mush on the table, making Pidge grimace beside him.

Hunk chokes on his water.

I look down again and mentally kick Lance out in open space and grin as he floats away screaming as his scream gets quieter and quieter as he gets further away.

"Lance, one more attempt to start an argument and I will food goo-poo you", Shiro warns and we're back at being silent again.

I try to eat again but Lance words ruin my appetite completely. So I push my bowl away and tap at my cup of water, deciding if I should drink it or not. I stare at my gloved hand and can't concentrate at all.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I can feel the uncomfortable feeling of someone looking at me, but I'm too deep in thoughts to do something about it. A big part of me knows who it is, but I know if I look up, I will most likely lose it.

Allura suddenly breaks the silence by standing up so suddenly I almost drop my cup as I was just about to take a sip.

She slams her hands on the table and glare at each one of us. Leaning over the table. Coran instantly stands up beside her and doubtfully look down at her. But he doesn't say anything, because he's still loyal to the princess.

"I cannot accept this ridiculous behavior", she starts off and getting new kind of attention from us. Everyone's already sitting up properly, looking at her, waiting for her to finish. "It's like before all over again, and we do not want to go back to the handcuffs again, don't we? This is not how dinner should be for a team. It should be the best way to interact with each other! Spend as much time with each other because you never know when you will have to go out to battle again."

Even if she's still wearing her armor and not her dress and has her white long hair tied up in a big bun, she still looks like a real princess. Acts like one, talk like one. I haven't seen many princesses in my life but I personally think Allura's the ideal one. If not, I don't know who is.

I look away from her and take up my dagger from my pocket, turning it in my hands and letting light reflect on the smooth surface, running my thumb over it, dangerously close to the sharp side.