Smooch // 33

Bootyful boi ^

Yee, I'm back! I realized I left you on a cliffhanger so... yeah... have this chapter:

Lance's POV

O O O 

I stumble out of my room, breath caught in my throat, and I almost trip over my own feet in the process. The doors closes automatically behind me and I sprint through the corridors, every possible thought corrupting my mind and making my breathing more shallow. I start to run full speed, like this really is a life or death situation. Like every step counts down to something disastrous. 

But there is only one thing driving me forward; Keith. Here. In the castle. For a reason I have yet to know. He heard my ranting. He's here. I run faster, like he could suddenly disappear if I didn't get there sooner. 

When I reach the living room, I see that no one is there. They probably got a message from Keith already, and they're all in the hangar. I run to that destination, sweat running down my back. I sometimes forget how huge this freaking castle is.

When the doors open, I see that everyone is gathered around a ship. A galra ship. I can't see Keith, everyone is blocking him. But I now he's there. He is. Dios mio, he really is. And it's ridiculous how giddy and out of breath I am. But he's here. In person. I can finally tell him everything I had in mind face to face.

Just when I'm about to run towards him, I feel someone stumble into me. I puff out and turn around, seeing Hunk, just as out of breath as I am. He's doubled over, hands resting on his thigs as he's breathing harshly.

"Sorry", he breathes. Then he straighten his back, wiping his forehead. "I was... going to tell you we got a call from... Keith, but... you know... the food goo got to me." He pats his stomach like he's proud of the dump he accomplished. I grimace, but then remember why I'm here, and I turn around again. I still can't see him, so I run there, pushing everyone aside.

There he is. Wait, this isn't how he's supposed to look. He shouldn't be sitting on the floor, beaten up and all bloody. And there shouldn't be a galra woman sitting hunched beside him, giving everyone a deadly look.

"Oh my God, Keith... you're wounded..." I try to reach for him but a hand stops me. I look down and see a metallic arm. When I look up at Shiro, he's giving me a stern look. 

"No, Lance, you can't put any pressure on him now." He must be implying on a hug, and in this madness I blush fiercely, but I know Shiro wouldn't care in the slightest, because there sits Keith, barely conscious. My breath is still caught in my throat, and my stomach tightens at the sight of the hurt boy. His gaze isn't focused, and his breathing reminds me of when he got sick, and I gulp. The beauty in his face is stained with blood and flecked with bruises and scratches. I need to force myself to look away.

"Quickly, we need to get him to a healing pod", Allura says, and for a moment I forgot everyone was here. 

"I'll carry him there", Shiro says. He has that distant voice again, and it scares me. But the healing pods are miracles. They will heal him now. Physically, at least.

When Shiro nears Keith, the galra woman instinctively scoots closer to the wounded boy, having this face and posture of protection. I wonder who the hell she is.

Shiro doesn't even bother to ask who she is, he's too busy picking Keith up bridal style, and he grunts against Shiro's arm. The galra lets him carry him out of the hangar, and we all watch as the doors closes behind the two boys. My heart hasn't calmed down yet. If anything, it just started beating faster. He's here, but he's wounded. Who hurt him? I need to engulf him in my arms first. I need to get some sort of proof that he's really here and that this isn't something I'm imagining.