Broken // 23

Ehhhh, okay so I literally found the best picture for this chapter AFTER I wrote this like wuutt... ^^^

And I'm kinda obsessed with The Flash right now so it's quite hard to get back to the Voltron writing.

So please, dearest reader, excuse me if this is... well, trash.

(つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ Lance's POV

O O O

I think I just broke him.

Or, if this shaking body in my arms can be described as something else, I don't know.

My eyes are wide, I'm looking past his quivering shoulders and up to his... no... my lion.

Red. Who would have thought that would be my color now? I never really thought that I would pull off red - it's not just me that thought blue really is my color - but know I'll just have to get used to it. To this new change.

I suck in a sharp breath when Keith moves; he's gripping my jacket but this is nothing like a minute ago. Our lips are not pressed together, there isn't really a heated sensation floating in the air and honestly this is just utterly depressing.

I think it's now we're both realizing what's happening. It's in this moment that everything just comes knocking on our minds, and I know we're just overwhelmed.
And not just overwhelmed by what's happened these past hours, but literally everything. From going to space in the first place, and being awfully young for going into war, and flying in robot lions while shooting down aliens after aliens that are trying to destroy the whole universe.

Maybe it's not just Keith that has broken down now. Maybe he is the one to just realize it now. Maybe the rest of us already knew what has happened to us, and all the crazy things going on in this short amount of time. I think that Keith was on autopilot this whole time. It was just to adapt to reality without even realizing it, going around and doing all these crazy things without even being aware of it.

I remember what papá once said. I wonder why I haven't brought it up in my mind more, why I haven't thought of it more often.
He said:

You have to adapt to reality, because reality has it hard to adapt to you.

O O O

This, is exactly what we needed. I can feel it. It's just right.

Just laying on my bed, his head resting on my heaving and sinking chest, me facing the ceiling and playing with his hair, the silence around us and the fact that there is no embarrassment between us. At least in this very moment. There is no rejection, or no's and leaving and denying we need this.

"I wish I had a window in my room", he whispers and his words disappears in the stillness. The only action in this room is our chest moving when we breath. "It really helps to count the stars. It does calm me down."

I glance down at the top of his head and I just smile for a second, like I finally captured this mesmerizing bird in my hands that I have tried to catch for so long, but it just kept flying away. But it didn't fly far; it was like something was always pulling it down to the ground again.

"You can come here whenever you want. You know that, right?" I let his black hair tickle my palm. Keith breathes out and I can feel his warm breath against my arm. Red lion or not, he still has that heat inside him.

"Now I know."

"Good." I massage his scalp and I can see him close his eyes for a second before opening them again and pressing his cheek harder against my chest.