Sleeping Beauty // 18

Concerned Lance is the best Lance.

Finally something I drew ^^^^ and it was most like a sketch thing but then I decided that I should post it just like that.

And soon I have reached 300 reads, omg, thank you guys! I honestly didn't think I would come this far and it just warms my heart that people want to read my words.

So therefore I'm now offering you a Lance point of view again and I'll try to make this chapter less angsty because the last chapter didn't end quite happy.

O O O

You know the feeling when you just want to strangle someone and at the same time hug the living day light out of that someone?

Well, that feeling is quite new to me. I'm not used to it. It's more likely I just want to strangle someone.

Specifically my maths teacher.

And Iverson back in the Garrison.

It was just yesterday that we found Keith in Jombonia, injured in too many places and terrifyingly a calm expression on his face, as if he's enjoying something. Maybe something in his dream, and I have no idea what those stupid Jomboni's are offering but I know that we can offer something even better:

Our love. And as cheesy as it sounds, he's clearly lacking of it, so we can start of there.

I look over at his healing pod, at his still body and his floating hair. I look at Shiro who's leaning against the pod and resting his forehead and forearms on it, his head turned down. He's muttering things none of us can hear and it's scaring me too much. This side of him is entirely new, and not the most fun to see. I know that Keith's condition when we found him wasn't good at all and I understand why Shiro cried.

But something tells me that it's just more to it. It's like he experienced something like that before.

"Food's ready!" Me, Pidge and Shiro hears from outside the room and we all look to see Hunk come in with bowls of food goo balancing on his arm like the true chef he is. He has a big smile on his face and I can tell that he wants to brighten up the mood as much as possible.

I smile at him. Just his presence is brightening enough and that's a big reason as to why we became best buddies.

Wow, I can get so cheesy when I'm tired.

"I made the goo a little special tonight", Hunk says as he places the bowls in front of me and Pidge sitting on the rounded stairs in front of all the pods standing in a circle. Pidge thanks him and I continue to smile at him. "You know, celebrating we found Keith..." He walks over to Shiro and offers him the bowl but Shiro just looks down at it, lips sealed and an apathetic expression painted on his face. After some seconds he just shakes his head and press his forehead against the pod again.

Hunk face drops and he lowers his hand with his bowl then shrugs and place it on the floor beside Keith's pod.

I stare daggers into Shiro's back, glaring at him. Okay, something is seriously wrong with him. Concerned for Keith or not, you just don't say no to Hunk's cooking and kill his sparkle.

I'm going to have serious talk with him later, and if it means making a complete fool out me, then fine.

"Thank you Hunk", I say as he sits down next to me and starts eating his food, a little less happy but still showing signs of joy. I take a big scoop of the green mush and place it in my mouth, instantly tasting pure bliss. "MMMmm", I exclaim loud enough for Shiro to hear. "This is AMAZING! I can't believe those who's MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO TASTE THIS!" I cock my head at Shiro just to see he's in the same position as before, not moving at all.