Gobermouch // 4

Last night is officially forgotten.

It turned out that I actually didn't train at all and went to try to sleep again, knowing that for once my words helped someone than just upset someone. It made me somewhat... happy that I helped someone. Even if that 'someone' doesn't deserve it in the slightest.

I glare at Lance from across the open field as he's plainly socializing with aliens we just visited to check if everything is okay here. Whether it's flirting with what must be a pink looking alien girl or just bring up some funny story for one of the pink alien guys. It's too much pink here.

I hate pink.

So, there's two side of the same story. You have that one happy shit-head making conversation with anything that breathes and then there's this grumpy, poor one standing and glaring at not just anything that breaths, but also at everything else.

Lance laughs openly at something that one tall alien man said - I noticed that males here has this multiple bumps on their head and longer ears. I hate his laugh. I hate that he can't be vulnerable now and just at night. I hate that our conversation last night has been thrown in the imaginary bin. Another thing laying among the bonding moment because apparently it's trash.

"Socializing, huh?" Someone says beside me and the voice is deep and dark. Calm. I look over at the alien man - from the Jomboni species -, and he's smiling down at me, yellow glowing dots under his bright purple eyes and his face sharp defined. Almost too sharp. His head almost looks like a square. He's wearing something that looks like a fancy navy blue shirt dress and squared black pants.

He looks over at Lance who's enthusiastically telling what must be some made up story of how he managed to beat a horrendous monster all by himself without even getting injured. Believe me, I've heard quite a lot.

"Don't you just hate to see people having it so easy socializing with others?" He says with a small smile and directs it towards me. We're standing in a open area, the castle behind us and the blue grass under us. Even the sky is pink with red kind of clouds.

"Jokes on you. You're at least coming to try and socialize with me", I mutter and tap my fingers against my armor covered arm and breathe in sharply.

But, the air seems funny. Fake. I cross my arms and frown at the male beside me.

"True that", he chuckles and his ear wiggle. I scrunch up my nose. "But you seem to have it very hard too, so it's easier to socialize with you."

I take a chance and glance at Lance again only to find him looking straight at me and then avert his eyes back to the alien man again and letting the known smile spread across his face.

"Sorry, I didn't catch you name", I say and still look at the blue paladin standing several meters away from me.

"It's Marcles, but you can call me Marc." I can hear his smile but I don't want to see it. I continue to stare at Lance so intensely that I'm almost looking in a blur.

"Keith." I say monotonously.

"Oh, I know your name. Who doesn't? You're the red paladin, a part of Voltron..." Now I look over at him and his face is a darker kind of pink now. He bites his lip "... and my favorite out of all the paladins."

I raise my eyebrows at him and gulp. "Are you...flirting with me right now?"

"If you want it to be flirting..." He takes a hold of my hands and pull me slightly closer to him. I mentally scream. "... then yes, I guess I am."

"Well, it's weird", I admit and try to take my hand away from his big, odd looking ones, but he just casually bring my covered hand and kiss one of my knuckles. I cringe but still find myself looking to my left and seeing Lance looking at me again, only this time he holds my gaze and looks very angry.