Whatever, Dropout // 5

"You're like... the most boring person I have ever met, Keith."

"I couldn't care less."

"Well, I just wanted you to know that. You're very boring."

We're in the living room again but this time I'm actually sitting on the couch with everyone else, including Allura and Coran. I don't know what we're doing  - are we even doing anything? It's rare that we don't have something to do. It's always battle, Zarkon, forming Voltron, save aliens and yada yada yada. I wonder why I'm here. Someone might want to talk to me then. Like Lance. I don't know why he can't just leave me alone but I know there is this big reason behind it that I have yet to discover. I'm not stupid. Something in his little head must be going on if he keeps bothering me.
Do I even want to know what?

"Let's play a game", Lance suggest and leans back in the couch and put his arms behind his head. He glances at me and I know he has something up his sleeve. "Or, just get to know each other more. We need to bond, right?" He looks straight at me. "For Voltron, right?"

"What are you planning, Lance?" I whine and cross my arms like always.

"Well, look at that! Why don't I start with asking you a question, Keith?" Something glimmers in his eyes. Mischievousness? "For the sake of Voltron, of course."

"I like the idea!" Allura chirps and clap her hands excitedly. "That's a great way to bond. To just talking to each other."

"I guess", Pidge shrugs and Hunk nods eagerly, sitting beside Lance as always. They already know much about each other, it seems.

"I don't like it", I mutter but nobody seems to pay any attention to what I said.

"So... Keith. First question." He smirks at me and leans forward. "Why did you drop out of the Garrison?"

"You what?!" Shiro shouts.

"I... what... no... wait, I...!" Oh, I'm going to punch Lance so hard half his face will fly back to Earth and I would do him a big favor.

"You dropped out of the Garrison?" Shiro yells and is now standing up, across from me and giving me a look I can't remember much from my dad.

I stand up too. "I didn't do it for nothing!" I shout back. I will punch Lance later. There is no waiting anymore.

"What is a Garrison?" Allura asks and looks over at Coran who's just shrugging.

"Why did you drop out of the Garrison?" Shiro asks like he can't believe that I really did it. I swear, Lance will kill me someday with just his idiocy.

"Yeah, Keith. Why did you?" Lance snickers. "Be honest now because remember, we're bonding."

"I don't think bonding works this way", Hunk says uncomfortably. 

"When has bonding ever turned out right with Lance and Keith?" Pidge says causally but I know she's more tense than before because of what's happening between me and Shiro.

"Keith, answer me now...", Shiro starts, but I cut him off.

"I did it to find you!" I yawp and everyone turns silent. "I did it, because I wanted to spend more time finding you and saving you. Okay? I didn't do it because I felt badass!" My hands are trembling and I try to pretend I'm only imagining my voice quivering.

"Way to bond",  Pidge mumble and it's like everyone is too stiff to answer her.

"Keith..." Shiro suddenly sounds quilty and there's no remaining sign of rage on his face. "You didn't have to..."

"Well, I did it anyways", I snap and turn to Lance again who's looking at me like I might become the devil and break his body in half. "And you." I take four big steps towards him and grab his collar to push him hard against the couch. He yowls. "You little shit-head. Your mouth always has to ruing everything! I will punch you so hard you won't ever be talking again."