So Sickening // 25

New cover finally done! I felt it was time to change. But at first I wanted a cover with both Lance and Keith but I felt like this story revolves around Keith the most, so, I made a cover with just him being cute and stuff.

Again; Lance's POV

O O O

The next day I'm utterly confused. And just restless, flying back to the castle with Pidge and my head prompted with every possible thought.

Hunk, Shiro and Allura said they already made it to the castle before us and I really don't like the idea of leaving Keith behind with Coran, because that will only make him want to leave team Voltron more. I know that by every travel we do without him, the more he's going to feel useless.

I felt useless before. A lot.
But seeing what's happening now I should smack myself on the head. Hard. Hard enough to knock some freaking sense into me.

"I have no idea what you're talking about but I would gladly smack your head hard enough to knock some sense into you because you need it", Pidge says through the intercom and I hear the smile she adds in the end.

Damn. I really need to stop talking with myself.

"I'll smack your head!" I retort and hit her lion with the side of Red hard enough so she loses some of her control before collecting it shortly after.

"Fight me", she growls and flies toward me in a incredible speed that must even make Red shook.

I scream and dive right down to the castle's entry and dodge her attacks along the way, constantly screaming and throwing curses in spanish all around the cockpit.

When we both land we are both laughing. Just genuinely laughing and enjoying the easiness of just laughing. We both step out of our lions and are still laughing, looking at each other in silence before breaking into another fit of laughter. I crook my arm around her neck and press her to my side, ruffling her golden hair with my other hand.

She squeals and try to break free but I only press her back against my side and make her hair stand up in all directions until we reach the so called "changing hall" as we named it and change back into our regular clothes.

My eyes land on the pod where Keith's red armor used to be, but that is now replaced with a pink one.

I feel my heart just being crumpled and my smile faltering.

I turn my back to it immediately and walk away, with Pidge beside me and a knowing look on her face.

O O O

The first thing I notice when I step into the living room is that Keith and Shiro aren't there. There is just this dreary feeling in the air as soon as I look over at everyone.

"Where's Keith?" I ask and Pidge nods. "And Shiro?"

"Shiro's getting water in the kitchen...", Hunk answers and he's sitting on the couch with his fidgety hands on his lap. He looks up and me and his eyebrows is wrinkled in worry. "... for Keith..."

"What, he can't even get water by himself anymore?" I scoff and cross my arms, but looking at Hunk I can feel is something much more than just that.

"Not if... he's sick, no", Allura hesitantly says and twirl her finger around a long strand of her platinum colored hair.

"Sick?!" Both me and Pidge exclaims.

"Yes, sick. Having a flu, bug, being indisposed or whatever you Earthlings call it", Coran says from somewhere in the corner and I can practically hear him twirl his mustache.
"Just... em... this time it's actually really serious."