New Start

Harry's POV

I woke up to the intense throbbing in my head, my mouth feeling dry and tasting like stale whiskey and cigarettes, as I dreaded opening my eyes. I'd been putting my body through way too much shit lately, and it was starting to catch up to me.

I felt a weight on my chest as I stirred, my entire body feeling slow and heavy as a groan escaped my mouth. The scent of strawberries wafted through my senses as I finally opened my eyes, immediately regretting it as the light hit them and shot pain through my head, before I looked down to see a mess of blonde hair laying on my chest.

"Fuck." I groaned as I closed my eyes, feeling like complete and utter shit.

"Morning." The chick laying on me, who's name I couldn't quite remember, said as she yawned and tried to wake herself up.

She looked up at me with a soft smile, which I did my best to return, before she hopped out of bed and started putting her clothes on. I stretched as I looked around the room, vaguely remembering the goodbye party my mates had thrown me the night before, and realized I was in Ed's bedroom. I rubbed my eyes in an effort to focus them, but the light was doing a number on my head.

"Last night was fun." The blonde smiled as she finished getting dressed, crawling over the other side of the bed to kiss me. "Good luck in America."

"Yeah...thanks." I mumbled, actually looking at her for the first time. "Uh, you need a ride home or anything?"

"I'm good." She chuckled as she pulled her shoes on. "But thanks for the offer."

I just nodded as I slowly shifted sideways, sitting up as I placed my bare feet on the floor and tried to gather the strength to stand.

"Fuck. I feel like shit." I moaned as I held my head in my hands.

"I bet." She laughed. "Everyone was feeding you shots all night, I doubt you remember anything."

"Things are a little blurry." I laughed as I finally stood up, feeling the alcohol still sloshing around in my stomach and immediately making me want to throw up.

"I gotta get to work. I hope you feel better before your flight." She smiled. "See ya."

"Bye." I said with a little wave as she turned and left the room, and I headed into the bathroom to take a piss before my bladder exploded.

I headed back into the room and was pulling my jeans on when I heard my phone ringing, and I had to dig around in my pockets for it before I pulled it out and contemplated whether or not to answer. I took a deep breath and braced myself before I swiped and answered it, bringing it up to my ear as I prepared myself for the guilt trip that was sure to follow.

"Hey, Dad." I answered, my voice gravelly and full of sleep.

"Harry, it's almost noon. Where are you?" He sighed, disappointment clear in his voice.

I hadn't exactly been doing much to make him proud lately, and I couldn't even remember the last time I spoke to him where he didn't sound disappointed in me.

"I'm at Ed's...I just woke up." I yawned.

"Well you are coming home before you leave, aren't you?"

"Yes, Dad. I have to come get my shit anyways." I sighed. "I should be home in a bit."

"Good. Your mother is waiting." He said sternly before he hung up and I threw my phone back down on the bed and rubbed my face with my hands.

I finished getting dressed and headed downstairs, taking in the disaster Ed's place was with empty bottles and cups everywhere, a few people still passed out on the floor that I had to step over. I shook my head as I made my way to the kitchen to find him clutching a cup of coffee like it was the only thing keeping him alive.