Skittles

TJ's POV

I sunk into the bathtub, letting the warm water wash over me and soothe my aching muscles as I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I'd tied my hair up in a messy bun and put a mask on my face, taking full advantage of the long awaited opportunity to take a bath.

Harry and I had returned to the hotel with two bags of snacks after grabbing some burgers and scarfing them down on the way. It was still relatively early since our game had been at five, so Harry decided to do some studying while I took a bath and did my best to forget my troubles. I was so relaxed I probably could have fallen asleep, when my phone buzzed on the edge of the tub and I saw I had a text from Zayn.

Zayn: Hey...are you alright?

I was confused as to why he would think I wouldn't be, until I scrunched up my face in thought and felt the dull ache near my eye that reminded me that I was getting feeling back in my face after Harry had forced me to ice it before my bath. Before I could respond another text came in, confirming that's why he was asking.

Zayn: I just saw the highlights from your game.

TJ: I'm okay...you watch hockey highlights? Haha.

Zayn: I do when you're playing :)

A smile crossed my face, the cut in my lip stinging and causing me to wince as I laughed at myself, before my phone buzzed again.

Zayn: Seriously though, you're alright? That looked pretty bad.

TJ: I'm good, I've looked better but I'll live.

Zayn: Not gonna lie...I kinda wanted to beat that guys ass when I saw it. And I'm sure you're still just as pretty as you always are, even with a few bruises.

TJ: Haha I doubt that, but thanks.

Zayn: Okay, well I'm just heading out for the night. I just wanted to make sure you were alright, you're back tomorrow yeah?

TJ: Yeah, but I have that charity thing...and coach extended practice on Sunday because of the brawl, so I don't think I'll have any time to hang out like we talked about. I'm sorry.

I felt bad. He'd been so understanding and sweet about everything, but I'd told him I'd get back to him about Sunday and now with the extended practice I knew there was no way I'd have time to meet up with him.

Zayn: No worries, babe. Just let me know whenever you're free, no pressure.

TJ: I will. Enjoy your night, stay out of trouble...haha.

I put my phone back down, noticing the bath water was now getting cold, and sighed as I realized it was probably time to actually clean myself and get out. I quickly scrubbed myself down and rinsed off my face mask before I climbed out, wrapping a towel around my body as I stepped over to the sink and started to brush my hair.

I heard Harry giggle from the other room and wondered what exactly he found so funny, before I heard him talking in a tone I'd never heard him use before. It was soft and sweet, and it was almost as if I could hear the love in his voice. Curiously, I opened the door just a crack so I could hear him clearly and smiled to myself when I heard the smile in his voice.

"No way, that sounds pretty cool." He said excitedly. "I bet that was so much fun."

I gathered that it was obviously someone younger than him by the way he was talking, someone who meant a lot to him, so I concluded it was probably the baby sister he'd mentioned a time or two. He didn't talk about home all that much, but I remembered the way his face lit up the first time he'd told me about her.