Stunned

TJ's POV

A bright light pierced my eyes as I opened them, squinting until they adjusted as I looked around the room and wondered where I was. My eyes shifted until they landed on Harry, who was sitting in the chair next to my bed, holding my hand in his as they rested under his chin. His eyes lit up when he saw I was awake, a soft smile crossing his perfectly pink lips.

"Hey, Spaz." He smiled as he reached up and brushed the hair off my face. "How you feeling?"

"Well I'm guessing I died and went to hell if I'm waking up to your ugly mug." I smirked.

"I guess that means you're feeling just fine." He chuckled.

He stood up as I tried to sit up, helping me get comfortable as he put a pillow behind my back while I tried to remember how the hell I got there.

"What happened?" I sighed as I looked down to see I was still wearing my own clothes. "What are we doing here?"

I watched as his entire demeanor changed, looking down at our hands that were still entwined and suddenly unable to look at me.

"You don't remember?" He asked, looking down at his lap.

I watched him carefully, trying to figure out what the last thing I remembered was, the image of us at the hockey game flashing through my mind, until it all came rushing back to me like some kind of nightmare.

"Oh my god, Louis!" I said as I threw the blankets off me and Harry immediately stood up. "Where is he? Is he okay?"

I started to pull out the tubes that were attached to my arm and some patch on my chest until I was free, desperate to find my brother and see that he was okay, before I tried to push past Harry and he stopped me.

"Teej, hold on." He said, grabbing me by the arms as I looked up at him. "Just...wait."

"Why?" I asked him, swallowing hard as I tried to read his face.

My stomach dropped as I remembered why I was in that room in the first place, the pain I'd been in that they said was mirrored from my brothers. I seemed to be fine, in zero pain at all, and I wondered if that meant Louis was no longer in pain either. My heart sank as I realized that I may only be free of pain because he was gone.

"Harry...where's Louis?" I choked out, the words feeling like they got caught in my throat.

There was a heavy silence between us for a few seconds before the doctor came in, both of us turning to face him as he entered and gave me a soft smile.

"Glad to see you're up." He said.

"Where's my brother?" I asked worriedly, and the doctor just looked at Harry.

"Why don't we just check you out and make sure everything is alright with you, and then you can go see him." The doctor said, and my heart clenched in my chest as eyes immediately glossed over.

"So, he's...he's okay?" I asked, looking up at Harry who just sighed. "If I can go see him that means he's okay, right?"

Harry looked at me, every single inch of his face holding a sympathy from him that I didn't want. He was looking at me like he didn't wanna tell me, like whatever he had to say was painful for him to voice out loud.

"He's alive, Teej." He said. "But he's in pretty bad shape."

"But he's gonna be fine, right?"

He looked down at me, sadness in his eyes as he reached up and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I don't know, babe."