Clocked

TJ's POV

The air was heavy as I stood in the middle of the living room, Shawn, Liam and Niall all staring up at me from their seats on the couch with their mouths hanging open, doing their best to compute all of the information I'd just given them.

It had taken me all of about 20 minutes to explain the entire situation, minus a couple of details obviously, and every one of them was just staring back at me in shock. None of them had moved from their spot on the couch, watching me carefully as I'd paced back and forth explaining just how much trouble Harry was in, and the more I said it out loud the more ridiculous it sounded.

A silence hovered over us for a few moments once I'd finally finished, all four of us obviously trying to let it sink in, wondering how the hell it all could have happened.

"Wait..." Shawn said slowly, having waited patiently until I'd finished. "So, you're telling us that chick...the one Styles brought home that night...who makes googly eyes at him every time she sees him...you're saying that she's accusing him of attacking her? Styles?"

"Yes." I sighed.

The three of them looked around at each other, almost as if checking to see if they were all hearing the same information, before Niall let out a creepily hysterical laugh and threw himself back into the couch.

"Well if that's not the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard." He scoffed. "Harry's a fucking boy scout when it comes to chicks. Hell, I'd believe one of us was capable of that before I'd believe he was."

"None of you are capable of that, don't even say that." I scolded him.

"I know, I'm just sayin." He shrugged.

"Okay, hold on. So what does this mean?" Liam asked. "I mean, they're obviously doing an investigation, they won't find anything, so it can't be that big of a deal? We all told them we saw him come back in, and that he came home with you. That should be enough right there to prove he didn't do it."

"This is so fucked up." Shawn sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Why would she say that about him? He'd never lay a hand on a woman, everyone knows that."

"Who knows, chicks are fucking crazy." Niall scoffed, looking over at me. "No offense."

"It doesn't matter why she did it, or the fact that she's obviously out of her mind. What matters is that Harry needs us right now. He's mortified that anyone would think he'd do that, he's already talking about quitting the team because he doesn't want it to affect our season." I explained.

"Well that's horseshit, I'll set him straight on that. No problem." Shawn said, standing up. "He's not going anywhere, she's not getting away with this. Fuck that."

"That's what I said." I agreed as Niall and Liam rose to their feet, the four of us obviously on the same page when it came to whether or not we were gonna let this cost Harry his spot on the team.

"Okay, so what do we do?" Niall asked. "Who do we have to talk to?"

"For now I don't want you guys to talk to anyone. This doesn't leave this room, promise me." I said, and they all hesitantly nodded in agreeance.

"We won't say anything, but if this comes out and people start talking shit then-" Shawn started before Liam interrupted him.

"If it comes out we'll obviously defend him, but Teej is right. Nobody can know about this for now. If we can keep this quiet and let the cops deal with it before it gets to the papers, he might have a shot of nobody finding out. We gotta keep our mouths shut."