Gonna Catch Flies

Harry's POV

I was up and basically ready to go before the boys were even up.

I'd hardly been able to sleep, the thought of being back on the ice and with a team was like a dream come true for me and I was like a fucking kid on Christmas Eve. I'd heard someone leave pretty early, just as I was getting out of bed, but as far as I knew the rest of the boys were still sleeping.

I was just stepping out of my room and into the hallway when the door next to mine opened and a girl stepped out, holding her shoes in her hand as she tip toed out of Niall's room. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me standing there, and I watched her eyes rake up and down my bare torso as she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Morning." I smirked as she practically undressed me with her eyes.

"You're new." She smiled.

"I am."

"Well new guy, I have a feeling we'll get to know each other real soon." She grinned as she ran her finger across my chest as she walked past me. "See you around."

"Later." I said as I watched her pull open the front door and leave, chuckling to myself at her forward approach.

I'd heard that American girls were much more aggressive in that sense. As a hockey player, I'd run into my fair share of chicks who would lay down for anything on skates, but I can't say that I found it that attractive. I was all for casual sex, but I liked a bit of a challenge and I wasn't exactly thrilled about putting my dick where ten of my team mates already had.

I headed into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea just as Liam stumbled from his room looking pretty rough. I gathered they'd gone out last night since I'd had the flat to myself most of the night, even though I'd spent most of it organizing my room. Liam nodded at me as he headed into the bathroom, his eyes barely open as he shut the door behind him and I heard the shower turn on a few minutes later. Niall emerged a few minutes later, groaning like he was dying as he plunked himself down at the kitchen table.

"Fuck. I feel like absolute ass." He groaned as he threw his arms down on the table and threw his head down on them. "I can't fucking believe we have practice in an hour."

I chuckled to myself as I poured him a glass of water and set it in front of him, keeping the jug handy because I knew he'd need a refill in a few seconds. His head slowly lifted to see the glass sitting there, before he shifted his eyes to look at me and saw the jug in my hand.

He slammed the water back and put the cup back down as I filled it up and he scoffed to himself.

"Well shit, Styles. I think I just fell in love with you." He laughed lightly as he slammed the second glass down. "Roomies hydrating roomies, that's what I like to see."

"I got you, mate." I laughed as I left the jug on the table and went back to grab my cup of tea, leaning against the counter as I took a sip.

"Morning, fuckers." Another guy groaned as he entered the kitchen and sat down beside Niall, obviously feeling just as rough, before his eyes shifted toward me and he noticed me there for the first time. "Oh shit. What's up, dude? I'm Shawn. I'd get up to shake your hand but I legit might puke on you."

"No worries." I laughed. "Nice to meet you."

Liam exited the bathroom and Niall and Shawn filed in to shower while I grabbed a protein bar for breakfast and headed into my room to get changed and grab my gear. Thirty minutes later, the four of us were trekking across campus to the arena on our way to practice, the three of them seeming a bit more alive than they had earlier.