o n e

"ok, i understand where you're coming from, but also, no." liberty argued with her best friend over the phone as she picked at some chipped nail polish.

"liberty, you need to get out for at least a day! it's not healthy to be cooped up in your apartment all day!" abby knew it was useless to try, but she did it anyways.

"let me think about it," she paused, "no."

"why am i even friends with you." abby smacked her forehead as she waited for what liberty had to say next.

"i have an even better idea, though!" she wined, hoping she could get out of it for the trillionth time this month.

"what is it?" abby sighed, already knowing what it was.

"how 'bout you come over here. we eat ice cream. we binge watch netflix. and stay up till the late am." liberty smiled at her great idea.

"yeah, okay, fine. whatever. i'll be over in 10." she picked up her car keys and put her shoes on.

"yay!" she clapped her hands together, "hurry up because i'm bored."

abby hung up and liberty let out a breath she was holding. she once again got out of having to go outside. yeah, it was bad staying in her apartment, but having social anxiety teaches you that it's okay.

but it also scares her that she's not doing anything with her life. all she does is sit in her apartment and paint, well of course when she's not in bed that is.

abby walks through the hallways, getting closer and closer, with every step, to liberty's door.

right when she was about to walk in, a boy came out of another door, right next to liberty's.

"do you live here?" the boy asked curiously, excited to see if he met his neighbour he's never seen.

"no, my best friend does." she eyed him warily.

"how come i never see her?" he was getting very impatient with the fact that he's never known who his neighbour was.

he knew he had one, because there'd always be faint music playing.

"she's in dysania." and with that she opened the door, walked in, and shut it.

the boy stood there, put his hand on his hips, awkwardly coughed, and went back into his apartment.

completely forgetting that he was going to go meet up with his friends.

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme