s i x

"i'm just saying that if you can't or have never seen god, you can't or have never touched him, then scientifically, he doesn't exist," abby tried explaining to liberty.

"okay, well, if you can't or have never seen your brain, you can't or have never touched your brain, then scientifically, your brain doesn't exist." liberty fired back with all seriousness.

"ha ha very funny." abby smiled at liberty.

"of course it is, i said it," liberty joked.

"so, what's up with the whole neighbour thing. you've never once spoken to him, why is he all of a sudden over here every other day?" abby asked as she filed and examined her nails.

"i don't know, he introduced himself one day, i screamed bloody murder another day, and yesterday i broke a glass ornament and he cleaned it up." she shrugged.

"so, nothing going on between you two?" abby asked.

"go ahead, you can have him." liberty giggled while answering abby's question.

"you know me so well, but do you think he's even like that?" abby had a feeling he wasn't going to be one of those guys.

"i don't know, he seemed happy at the fact that i was a virgin and not like you," she said.

"oh, well, it doesn't hurt to try." abby looked at her phone. "shit, i have to get to work soon. i had fun though, bye!"

abby rushes out of the apartment,  but not before running into wyatt on her way out.

"woah there speed demon." wyatt chuckled.

"sorry, gotta get to work. bye now!" she rushed off.

wyatt walked into libertys apartment and over to the couch. plopping down, liberty starts talking to him.

"okay, i know i don't lock my door, but normal people don't just walk in when they please. you're still a stranger to me," she said.

"let's change that then." wyatt turned his body to face her, and stuck out his hand. "my names wyatt oleff, pleased to meet you."

liberty took it and said, "liberty johnson. tell me some things about you."

"i am a very blunt person; never in my life have i ever sugar coated anything. i have two best friends. and i can tell you now that you're gonna be my best friend soon." wyatt told her with absolute confidence.

"that reminds me, my friend abby wanted to know if you were the 'hit it and quit it' type," liberty mentioned.

"why does she want to know?"

"because she wants you. i said go for it, but she wanted to make sure you were that way first." liberty got up and headed over to the kitchen.

"well, i'm not the 'hit it and quit it' type. and i'm also not interested in her, so, yeah." wyatt confirmed.

liberty walked back into the living room and sat next to wyatt.

"y'know, they should make a word for platonic crushes. like, wanting to be someone's friend really bad, but not wanting to be with them," she blurted out.

"let's make up our own word," he suggested.

"okay, how about amity." she looked at him. wyatt shook his head in disapproval.

"what about sal. i know it's a name, but it's an anagram of platonic crush." he looked over at her.

"i like it. a sal is a platonic crush." she smiled.

"liberty, you're my sal," wyatt told her.

"wyatt, you're my sal too."

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme