e l e v e n

"we're best friends, right wy?" liberty asked wyatt on a sunny afternoon.they were sitting on her window sill, overlooking the city.

"of course we are liberty. why do you ask?" he looked over at her.

"i just, i wanna make sure that i can trust-" she paused. "that you can trust me."

"if you want trust, you're gonna have to give some away."

"i know, but it's hard. every time i try to open up to you, i get this feeling inside. this feeling that you're gonna laugh, or something.

"a feeling that you're going to get up and just walk out with a part of my life. and i know you wouldn't, but the feeling won't go away."

tears started gathering in her eyes. liberty turned to wyatt with pained eyes, and he couldn't look away.

"please." her voice cracked. "make it go away."

she started balling and wyatt held her in his arms. he held her till the tears stopped flowing. he held her till she fell asleep. and he held her till the sun rose the next day.

wyatt had many emotions flying through his mind at the moment. he never knew that this girl was absolutely broken on the inside.

he made a promise to himself to never leave this girl. she was an amazing person. she was an amazing friend.

she was funny, and she was kind. she had her flaws, but so does everyone else.

she deserved the world, and even though he couldn't give her the actual world, he decided to give her his.

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme