f i v e

"o star of wonder, star of night. star with royal beauty bright."

we three kings was currently playing on the record player. glad that christmas was coming soon, liberty was decorating her apartment.

she had decided to take a pause on the painting, and decided to decorate instead. both keeping her busy, so it wouldn't matter.

she was about to hang a glass ornament on her tree, when it slipped and crash landed on the floor.

"holy shit!" she screamed, quite loudly as a matter of fact.

wyatt had heard the girl and immediately rushed over there, wondering what the girl had done this time. he walked in to find her staring at the floor, not moving.

"you know, you should really lock your door sometime, i heard it keeps strangers from walking in when they feel like it," wyatt suggested, being the smart ass he is.

"don't be an ass and help me please!" liberty freaked.

"y'know, women shouldn't curse." wyatt couldn't help the smile that crept onto his face.

liberty looked up at wyatt, wanted nothing more than to smack that stupid smile off his face.

"get fucked."

wyatt laughed at her response, and eventually she joined in. he walked over to liberty, grabbed her shoulders, and backed her away from the shards of glass.

"now, go get a broom, and you're set." wyatt turned to walk out of the apartment but liberty stopped him.

"wait!" she was shocked at the word she said, but didn't show it.

"yes?" he questioned.

"can you help me clean it up?" she sheepishly asked him.

wyatt nodded his head and asked, "do you want me to help or do all the work?"

"you would be helping me if you did all the work." she smiled.

liberty walked over to a closet by the kitchen and grabbed the broom. handing it to wyatt, she smiled cheekily and said, "thank you."

"where's your friend?" wyatt had decided to ask liberty as he cleaned the mess up.

"she's probably at work or having sex with a random guy she met on the street," liberty nonchalantly mentioned.

"does she do it often?" wyatt asked.

"do what often?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"have sex with random guys she meets on the street." wyatt felt like he was intruding, but then again, he doesn't care.

"yeah, she does. i don't like it, but i do stuff she doesn't like too; so we're even. i think sex should be with someone you love."

liberty and abby have had many conversations on this, but abby claims that it's all been safe sex, and she doesn't care who it's with.

"have you ever loved anyone?" he couldn't help but wonder.

"no. at least, i don't think so, why?" she questioned him back.

"so you're a virgin?" liberty choked on air as she heard the words that came out of wyatt's mouth.

wyatt laughed at her reaction; he forgot that she's not used to his bluntness.

"who asks a stranger that?" she looked at wyatt with wide eyes.

"obviously me, duh. i'll take that as a yes then, saying as though you've never loved someone." wyatt put the broom away, noticing that he had finished cleaning the mess a couple minutes ago.

"okay, yes, i am a virgin." liberty shyly looked down.

wyatt smiled on the inside, happy that she's not like her friend abby. he could tell they'd become great friends.

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme