e i g h t

"so, there's this new movie coming out, and i was wondering if you wanted to go see it?"

libertys smile faded. she was hoping she wouldn't have to tell wyatt so soon about her anxiety.

it's something that she is embarrassed about, and she is worried that wyatt will treat her differently.

"um, what day were you planning?" she gave wyatt a slight smile.

"i was thinking this wednesday. all movies are five dollars on wednesday's." he shrugged.

"i have a doctors appointment on wednesday," liberty said.

"how about friday then?" wyatt suggested.

"abby is coming over that day, tradition." she looked away, avoiding his eyes.

"any day this week?"

"i'm kinda busy the whole week, i don't think it'll work." she rushed out.

"y'know, i'm starting to think you're just avoiding the idea. do you not like movies?" he laughed, everyone loves movies.

"no, i'm just pretty busy," she lowered her head in shame.

"hey." wyatt softly grabbed her chin, making her look at him. "you can tell me what's bugging you, cause i know there is something."

liberty sighed and closed her eyes, trying to push the tears back. her throat started to feel closed off, making it harder for her to breath and keep the tears back at the same time.

wyatt furrowed his eyebrows in concern. he had just suggested the movies, why is she in so much pain over a simple suggestion?

"hey, sal, promise me something?" wyatt asked her.

"anything, sal." she opened her eyes.

"pinky promise me that you trust me. and with that trust, you can tell me anything. can you promise me that?" he looked into her eyes.

"i can." she stuck out her pinky, connecting it with wyatts. "i promise."

"good, now tell me what's bugging you," he said.

"i, um. only abby knows this, and my parents. and i know that i'm making a big deal over this, but it's just always been like this and i can't help it,." liberty took a deep breath.

"it's okay, liberty. i won't judge you. whatever you have to say, goes un-judged." he grabbed her hand in comfort.

"i have anxiety. social anxiety, to be exact." she paused, letting a tear roll down her cheek. "it's bad wyatt, it's real bad. i haven't left my apartment in weeks."

more tears rolled down her cheeks as wyatt looked down at her. he felt so bad for her. she doesn't deserve this.

he pulls her in for a hug. and they just sit there, holding themselves together.

"i'll go find a redbox and i'll get a movie that you want to see. i'll bring it back here and we'll watch it. screw people." he traced circles on her arm with his fingers.

"yes, screw people." she snuggled and laughed.

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme