n i n e

"i've been her only friend for years, and i don't think i've ever seen her open up that quickly to anyone," abby told wyatt the next morning.

wyatt and liberty had fallen asleep on the couch and abby came by, waking wyatt up.

now they were at wyatts apartment, talking, and abby was telling him about liberty.

"well, maybe she just needs a guy in her life. maybe that's why she's gotten so open about everything." he shrugged.

"she has a dad. she has a brother. how many more guys does she need?" abby blurted out.

"i live right next door, you do know that right?" wyatt asked in a joking manner.

"ha-ha. just, be lucky that she's even letting you hang there the third time you guys talk. now, i am going to go to work, you wasted my time with liberty." with that said, abby walked out the door.

wyatt walked over to the fridge, grabbing some orange juice. he walked over to the counter and hopped onto it.

he had hoped liberty would tell him stuff. he wanted to be best friends for god sake, and you can't keep stuff from a best friend.

he only knows a couple things about her. but he's noticed things about her that people don't tell you.

he notices that she is impatient, and she speaks too fast. she pretends to care about current events and doesn't get out of bed in the morning.

they're some major flaws, but they're flaws that make her who she is.

next door, liberty was just waking up. she looked around in confusion, remembering the events from last night.

she got up and walked over to wyatts apartment. he obviously doesn't know how to lock his door either.

she finds him sitting on the counter drinking orange juice, and so she decides to talk to him.

"your new name is hypocrite," she told him.

"what? why?" he asks.

"telling me to lock my door when yours isn't." she walked over to him and stole his orange juice from him.

"hey! that was mine!" he hopped off the counter. "give it back!"

"nope." she took a swig. "refreshing. it's mine now."

"oh no it's not," wyatt said.

he took a step closer to her, and right then and there, liberty knew what was about to happen.

her eyes widened and she took off running, with the orange juice carton still in her hands.

"give it back!" he chased her around the couch.

"nope!" she ran to the island.

wyatt stopped on the opposite side of her. she had no where to go.

"just give it back and you can avoid this." he laughed.

"no!" she laughed back. she took off running to one side and he went the same way.

just as she was about to slip out the door, his arms found their way around her waist as he pulled her back.

"shit!" liberty screamed as she lost.

wyatt undid his arms from her waist and took the orange juice from her hands.

"it was mine."

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme