Lost Loves

Disclaimer: I do not own CSI: Miami or "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon but I own Danielle, Emilia, Ella, Georgia, etc.

The petite eight-year old sat quietly, not paying attention to the rest of the world as she sat in the playroom within the Miami-Dade Crime Lab. Her parents were gone and she was left with nothing but she was strong, so she wasn't going to cry. Besides, she didn't have a shoulder to cry on anyway. Her black mp3 player was stuck in the tight jean pocket as she sat there, looking at everything within the room. The bright red and yellow chairs, the comfortable oak-coloured couch she sat on, the small stains in the floor from soda, and other things she didn't know of. The uneaten bag of Oreos went ignored at her side as the song she was listening to covered her mind with a heavy moss or rather, blanket. The eight ounce can also went ignored, even as her thighs got cold. The song reminded her of the recent tragedy and many others. Her parents' death, her uncle's death then her aunt's. Then her three cousins. Then, her two twin sisters, Georgia and Ella. She knew of what had killed them, or rather who, because she watched them all die from a cabinet, or from underneath a bed, or inside a closet. She missed her sister, Ella the most. Ella was the best out of her two sisters, because she was so understanding and kind. Well, she had been. And now, she was alone. Here she sat, sitting in a crime lab, waiting for the pediatric doctor to arrive.

"Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep, waging wars to shake the poet and the beat.." She sung quietly along with the lead singer. She glanced at the glass where she couldn't see anything, she felt as though someone was watching over her as she sat there. Her deep brown eyes gazed right into the blue ones she couldn't see but she felt them.

"I hope it's gonna make you notice," She sung as she continued to look, "I hope it's gonna make you notice."

"Someone like me, someone like me," She continued, the red calic falling onto her forehead, "Someone like me, someone like me."

"I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now." She sung, her light cracked pink lips continuing, even as her mouth felt like cotton.

"Someone like you, somebody, Someone like you, somebody,Someone like you, somebody," She began before singing the last words of the song, "I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see." As she did, she waited a few moments before looking away from the window, down at her own hands that sat neatly in her lap. She looked up as the door opened and blinked at the beautiful lady standing there. She had long light brown hair that was gently curled in some spots, these deep emerald eyes that made her feel secure, her skin was a natural light tan, and her lips were a gentle pink, and were lightly cracked. Her outfit consisted of a casual white tee-shirt with the word 'RIOT!' in black, then a ocean blue, then a red, then a bright yellow, and then the black again, over that was a leather jacket that was unzipped with two pockets, light blue jeans with the bottoms rolled up lightly to view the brown-black lightly-healed boots she wore. The woman sat down on the comfortable foot rest in front of her.

"What's your name, sweet pea?" The woman asked, smiling.

"Danielle. My family call me Danny." She replied, glancing down at her fingers in her lap.

"Well, Danielle, I am Emilia. You," The woman began, smiling before pointing to Danielle, "Can call me Emi, if you like."

"Emilia. That's a pretty name." Danielle said.

"Do you know what it means?" Emilia asked. Danielle shook her head, smiling lightly.

"It means," Emilia began, "Ambitious, or industrious."

"That's cool." Danielle said.

"You wanna know what Danielle means?" Emilia asked. Danielle nodded excitedly. Emilia smiled and reached into the back pocket of her jeans and pulled out a really cool phone.

Horatio watched as Emila began typing on her phone. His hands were on his hips, as usual, and he was paying close attention to the conversation Emilia and Danielle were having. He hoped she could help Danielle. Calleigh entered then, along with Eric and Ryan.

"How is it going?" Calleigh asked, standing next to Horatio, and next to her was Eric then Ryan.

"Good." Horatio said, as Emilia set the phone back in her pocket before bringing on a serious expression.

"Danielle, I need to ask you a few questions, okay?" Emilia asked and Danielle nodded in understanding.

"Now, did you hear of the Carnival that was on the Eastern Coast yesterday?" Emilia asked, bringing a lighter view to the recent events.

"No." Danielle replied.

"Well, it was the best. Are you sure that you didn't hear of it? Like maybe on television or from a friend?" Emilia asked, smiling a bit brighter.

"Well, there was this show on that said something about it. Yeah! I asked Mommy and Daddy if I could go!" Danielle cheered, realization catching her.

"Ooh! What did they say?" Emilia asked with interest.

"They said that they would!" Danielle cheered.

"So what happened after that?" Emilia asked.

"The key is to avoid the horrible things that happened, thats how they find out." Calleigh explained, smiling lightly.

"I went back to sit on the couch and..."

Danielle wandered back into the living room and stopped in front of the couch, before trying to pull herself back up on it. She grunted and grunted before finally pulling herself up. She grabbed the bold and large print remote before switching the channel to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

"Oodles and Oodles! And all you have to say is Otoodles!" Danielle cheered with Mickey. The sound of a crashing sound and Danielle slid herself off the couch as Pluto appeared on the screen.

"Mommy?" She asked quietly, peering around the kitchen door. Her mother lay there, on the floor, lifeless. A man with a hood stood over her. It was clear he hadn't seen her or heard her. She quickly ran and slid underneath the couch. The back door was open and as he came by the couch, she quieted her breathing. She watched the black boots move and he exited the home out the back.

"Now Danielle, I'll be right back, okay? I've got to go get some yummy Oreos, kay?" Emilia asked.

"Mhmm!" Danielle said, smiling brightly. Emilia exited the playroom before entering the private black room and Horatio turned to her as Eric and Ryan exited to give them some privacy.

"Is she going to be alright, Emilia?" Horatio asked.

"I don't know, H. It might take some time but she is still recovering from the shock." Emilia replied.

"We need a safe place for her, Emilia. Can you-" Horatio began. Emilia shook her head at him.

"Of course I can, H." She said.

"Please," Horatio began, shifting his weight, "take care of her."

"I will." She replied.