Danger Calling

[About sixteen hours later]

The doctor, Ellen Paige, entered the waiting room, causing Ryan to quickly push himself up alongwith Horatio, and Alexx. Calleigh and Eric had left only five minutes earlier to get some coffee.

"Is she alright?" Ryan asked. Horatio shifted his weight aside Ryan. Ellen sighed.

"Yes, she is alright. Her wounds were minor; she's lucky she didn't have a broken neck. Shards of the windowshield entered her side. Fortunately, she's a fighter. Made it through surgery. We're going to be keeping her overnight to make sure she's stable." Ellen informed them. Ryan nodded his head. He was so lucky.

[Next Day]

Emilia scribbled her signature on the release papers as Ryan pulled the doors open at Dade Memorial Hopsital. She turned, beginning her walk away from the desk only to be brought into a tight hug by Ryan. He released her, looking her deep in the eye.

"What are you doing out?" He asked. She smiled, puttng her pen in her purse, before pushing her hair back from her face.

"I released myself." She replied. He rolled his eyes at her action. That was Emilia; regular Emilia. At least Ryan knew she hadn't changed since the accident.

"Well I could drive you home." He reccomended.

"Actually," His heart faltered, "Calleigh offered to, uh, drive me around. I need to grab some groceries for the house and you know, cash my check."

"Oh." That single word expressed the disappointment held in his heart. She smiled, and gently grabbed the back of his neck, and kissed his left cheek. To Ryan, it happened in slow motion. Her smiling, grabbing him, kissing his cheek, and beginning her walk past him towards the exit of the Hopsital. Even himself turning around to watch her leave seemed to happen in slow motion. He watched her leave, as she paused while pulling the doors open and gave him a smile, before she was gone.

[Emilia POV]

I began my way down the steps, slinging the purse over my shoulder. I turned the corner of the hospital towards my car[to grab a few things before leaving with Calleigh] and everything went black after a sharp pain in my face.