There's No Time!

Chapter One

-Previously on CSI: Miami-

I began my way down the steps, slinging the purse over my shoulder. I turned the corner of the hospital towards my car[to grab a few things before leaving with Calleigh] and everything went black after a sharp pain in my face.

Now

The smell of alcohol was heavy in the air as I awoke, my emerald eyes sliding open weakly. A cool material was beneath me, and I couldn't tell what it was. My hands twitched to life, another cool metal against my wrists. I heard a clicking sound but I couldn't place it. A gag was in my mouth, forcing me to attempt to breathe. I could tell there was a drug in my system as I felt groggy and the pain from the injury to my face wasn't known to me. I found my eyes drifting shut again.

Meanwhile in Rio de Janeiro

Eric couldn't believe this. They were released Riaz! He was angered and he struggled to control it. His cell phone rang in his pocket and he quickly dug for it. Calleigh was on the ID. He answered it, pressing it to his ear.

"Yeah?" He listened closely, his lips creasing into a firm line.

"I'll tell H." He shut the phone before jogging out of the department. He spotted H on the steps.

"We've got a problem. Emilia's disappeared."

Miami-Dade Police Department/Crime Lab

Calleigh pushed open the door to the lab room. Ryan stood there by the table, looking over Emilia's belongings. There was a photo of her and Ryan at a festival a few weeks before, car keys, wallet, about twenty-dollars in cash with a couple one's. Her anklet was also on the counter near her jacket which her kidnapper had stripped off her. A few strands of her hair laid on the counter in front of Ryan in a small tray. He was staring at the photo; his eyes wandering from her long blown back brown hair to her pink smiling lips. Her arms were wrapped around Ryan's neck in the photo and he was kissing her cheek.

"Its not your fault." Calleigh said suddenly, scaring him. He jumped, looking at her before setting his shoulders. His lips were creased in a firm, unmoving line and the guilt was written across his face. His eyes were a deep brown, and solemn. He absent-mindedly cleared his throat.

"I found nothing on her bag, or the photo. Nothing on her jacket." Ryan informed her. Calleigh's eyes wandered to the strands of hair. She pointed.

"He must have ripped those out when he pulled her jacket off."

The kidnapper struggled to pull the jacket off, and was successful [pulling quite a few hairs from her head].

Ryan sighed again, looking over the evidence before closing his eyes heavily. He tilted his head back, running his hands through his hair. Calleigh, unsure of what to do, left his lab, heading to DNA. She wasn't going to give up! The clock was ticking and Emilia had only a certain amount of time [that was unknown to them] to live if they didn't find her and fast.