Bad Luck?

In those seconds Emilia had before the glass shattered, she could only think of all her life. Starting with when she was three, then when she was five, then eight, then ten, then thirteen. Thirteen was her unlucky number. Skipping over that memory came fifteen, then seventeen, nineteen, twenty-one, and then twenty-three. Meeting Ryan, falling head-over-heels for him, then becoming his "girlfriend". Eric, Calleigh, Natalia, Horatio, her mother, her father, and everyone else she new flashed before her eyes. Next thing she knew, water hit her brutally but she slipped in and out of unconsciousness. She could hear sirens, and horns but they were so faint.

"Please," Horatio began, shifting his weight, "take care of her."

"I will." She replied.

The kind of safety that came from being practically the everything of a police officer was reassuring but there was something else that came with being with Ryan. Ryan was a police officer, yes, but knowing she had the protection of Horatio was different than knowing she had the protecting of Ryan. One was fatherly, the other was more love than anything.

Gun shots.

Emilia could feel the bullet in her shoulder, it was as though she kept reliving it over and over. But there was something else she relived over and over.

"Hey, Ryan." Emilia spoke. He turned and she gently grabbed the back of his head, bringing his lips down to hers. It took Ryan a few minutes, but he eventually kissed back, pulling her close to himself, selfishly. They broke apart, a smile broadening across her face.

"What was that for?" Ryan asked.

"A good first date." She replied.

She smiled to herself, still remembering the way Ryan's lips felt on hers for the first time.

"He's mine."

She swore to herself that she would never forget the look on Erica's face but thinking about it, she had forgotten it. Among all of the memories with Ryan, it had faded into the black.

Turning her around, and cupping her face in his hands, his lips ghosted over hers before actually connecting. Both of them shut their eyes, enjoying the kiss they were sharing. Without knowing it, Ryan's hands came to her thighs and he lifted her up gently before taking a step forward and setting her onto the counter.

Her eyes begun to close as she found herself "drifting" in and out of consciousness and the opposition.

Finding some strain as to finish, sliding her hands down the revealed parts of his upper body, then beginning her strained attempt to finish unbuttoning the dark navy-coloured shirt he wore. Not so lucky in restraint, Ryan slid the tube-top down her body, leaving it at her waist and just above her shorts. His hands slid back up her back, arching her into his figure.

Everything they had.

"Ryan." She murmured.

She heard the water break nearby as someone landed in it. She then felt familar arms wrap around her and pull her up. As she resurfaced, she found herself inhaling loudly. Ryan struggled to pull both him and her ashore but succeeded anyway. He set her down on the sand, which wasn't exactly comfortable but she didn't care at this rate.

"Somebody help!" Ryan screamed, before quickly going back to Emilia. She coughed, and he quickly pulled her into a sitting position as she attempted to cough the water from her lungs. The paramedics hurried down the rocks toward them as Ryan linked his hand with hers. He gently brushed a wet hair from her face. He stopped this intimate action as the paramedics appeared, but he kept her hand in his. Within seconds, a breathing mask was placed over her mouth and they began doing several things. It was hard for Ryan to focus on these mainly because the moment was so fast. Next thing he knew, he was attempting to keep up with a gurney that had Emilia on it, being rushed to the hospital. Without a care, he jumped into the ambulance with her, reconnecting their hands they had been broken before due to the high speed of the paramedics. On the way, he kept hearing her whisper, "Ryan" over and over. She also said "I will" and several other things that he couldn't quite make out through the sirens and the hurried utters of the paramedics. She was hurried into the emergency entrance of her own place of work, Miami-Dade Memorial and as Ryan attempted to follow them into another room, he was held back by nurses speaking "Sir, you need to stay here". Giving in, he sighed, ruffling his hair as he watched as she was taken with the doctors and nurses through two push-open doors.