Chapter 4

Pinning my hair back i starred. I watched as the ends of my hair flowed down past my shoulders and covered half my face. My cheeks were the color of roses and my eyes were dark brown. A sudden chime startled me, signing in despair I brushed off my face and headed to my bed. Looking at my phone I had gotten a message from a friend named James Michener. The text read; hey my friends are having a birthday party and was wanting to know would you like to join? Wear your best dress because it's going to be a blast. Laughing I texting him back. Plopping down on my bed I looked at the ceiling. My shirt lopsidedly laid on my chest. I was meeting James for lunch anyways today so I headed to my closet and began getting ready. Searching through the clothes I stumbled upon a rose gold silk dress with a gold latch. Smiling and biting my lip I picked up the sexy and elegant dress.
What seemed like hours was only minutes me and James sat in a cafe drinking coffee and talking. I kind of blurred everything out except for the part where James said somebody was after him. Looking up at him frazzled he seemed a bit on edge. "James? What do you mean someone is after you?" I questioned. He looked at me, his eyes were stained with fear. "There coming Sabrina they are coming." He told me fearfully. Nodding my head as I thought he was just being paranoid a chime stuck my phone. Glancing down at it I stopped. Liquid splattered on my face. My mouth was slightly open. I felt my body begin to shake. Looking up slowly I saw James head faced down into his plate of food. Blood poured down his head and hit the table.

Fear washed over me, quickly pushing my chair back I stood up I was frozen. My eyes were wide dropping my phone to the floor I stood there speechless. The whole time I stood there I couldn't take my eyes off of what was right in front of me. Not long after, I felt the tug of someone grabbing my arm. Police raided the place and took pictures of James body. Grief took me by surprise. I had never felt this type of emotion before, I hadn't done anything wrong.