~~2~~

I'm 14 years old, living at Rougewood Caring Center in New York. It's Open House, also known as cleaning day, everyone spent the morning cleaning their rooms. Today is the day to look, act and be our best so we can be adopted. People come looking for a baby most times. If you're lucky you'll get out at 12. I'm never lucky, plus why would anyone want a monster as a child

My room-mate, Kellie, has been here all her life, she's 14 too. She's also very smart, eccentric and talented. I don't know why she is still here. All I know is that when she leaves a meeting she has a devious look in her eyes, and the parents are either mad or scared.

Rougewood isn't that bad of a place, I'd like to say I'm happy here, but then I'd want to stay and I can't do that ... I should be in the Lobby meeting the guest, although I couldn't care less about them. I look up from my book groaning. there's a fight in the hall and it sounds serious.

I left my room going towards the sound of cheering kids and screaming girls. When I found them, I wasn't surprised to see Cyrus in the fight. Cyrus, instigator and bully, been here 5 years. He's tried picking a fight with every one here, even me at one point. I think he just likes the rush it gives him. He'll be a criminal one day, no doubt.

Cyrus was fighting the new kid Alex. It was most likely over something stupid Cyrus said. That's usually how they all start. Alex is a sensitive guy, but he is also not one to be played with. I heard he was kick out of the other foster home for breaking some kids arm. Frowning, I walked through the crowd till I found myself in the center, they were already rolling around.

I pulled them apart, holding them by their collars. I glared them down, waiting to see who would make some poor excuse first. Honestly they're barely even 12 yet and all they can do is start trouble. Of all days, this was the only time I could be left alone.

"Why are you fighting?" I said dropping them on the floor. They both stood yelling their supposed stories at me. "SHUT UP!" I shouted over them. The Den Mother came rushing through the crowd with some little girl and took them to her office. When she was gone everyone acted like nothing happened. Continuing on whatever they were doing before. Walking to my room again I was stopped by Kellie came running towards me smiling like normal.

"ALICE ALICE, I FOUND A FAMILY!! There's a little sister and brother there too!" She said hugging me and jumping up and down.

"Good for you really I'm happy you found a place to live." I said clearly not caring the least bit. She ran off with her bags and out the door with her new family. How she got the family, no idea. But I was glad to see her finally gone. Perhaps she actually got tired of being here and wanted to find a family of her own.