Chapter 1

The wedding was to be held at the Duke's estate. Your face and body was covered as it was tradition to not show what the bride looked like until after the wedding vows were said. Marianne was helping you pack your clothes.

"I am so excited F/n." she says happily. "I am getting married to a prince and you a Duke. Really I am happy you found someone who wants to be with you." Your father had told Marianne that she was going to be married to a prince and that the Duke actually wanted you. Being the sheltered woman she was, she believed it. 

"I am too." you lie. No doubt will they send you back. But once they do, you will be able to join The Order. The next day you were shipped off to the wedding. Your father had them agree to have the wedding first before you come live with them. 

The wedding procession was extravagant. Vishnal Evans, your soon to be husband was standing at the alter. He seemed happy to be married to Marianne. You walk up to him and recite the vows. When you are given the documents to sign, he signs his name and you sign your birth name. The poor man. Getting less than what he bargained for. 

When he goes to lift the veil, everyone gasps in horror. Instead of a beautiful woman, it was you. People started murmuring and his parents were already calling out your parents. The look on Vishnal's face didn't surprise you.

"I thought I was marrying Marianne. Why is a Scar face like you hear?"

"You'll know soon enough. Your parents are already yelling at mine."

There was no celebration afterwards. You all were at his home waiting. You watched as your parents explained what happened.

"You promised your daughter to us first. If you wanted to call off the marriage, you could of just given us back the money! Instead you send this freak here!" Duchess Evans says. Names like that don't hurt anymore. Instead you were laughing inside. Could she not have come up with a more offending insult. 

"Fine we'll pay back the price. But you keep her here. She needs to sign the papers anyhow." you were still married. You couldn't leave to join The Order until after you were divorced. Duke Evans call for a servant to bring the papers.

"She will sign it after we get what was stolen from us. Then we will let the freak leave. And if you don't pay us back, I will make it so you can never show your face again to society." Your parents leave without saying goodbye. Duchess Evans looks at you before walking off angrily. You then get up.

"Scar face, where do you think your going." Vishnal asks.

"Out. No doubt you will want to share a room with me. Doubt you guys will even want to let me borrow a room for the time being. I brought money for myself. There are cheap inns nearby. I'll stay there for the time being."

"No. I'll have a room readied. So you don't get any plans on running away and tarnishing our name even more." And so a room is prepared. You rarely ever leave it. Whenever you eat, you make your own food. You do your own laundry and draw your own baths. Nothing different. You were independent like you always have been.