Chapter 3

"If they were to have perished in a fire or died in an accident, I wouldn't shed a single tear nor feel an ounce of sadness." Those words ring out in his head. You didn't love your family one bit. It was taking him a while to process this. Maybe you didn't love them, you should at least feel grateful to them. Vishnal chases you down the hall and grabs your arm.

"Can I help you."

"Are you not even grateful to them? They raised you?"

"Why do you care about my family issues?"

"You should know when to feel grateful. You were given a home, clothes and food and yet you don't feel anything for your family."

"Aside from my sister, I hate them all."

"You-"

"What do you want me to say?" you cut him off. "That I am grateful they didn't kill or abandon me. He remains silent. "My sister was there first priority in everything. On our birthday, she would be given all sorts of things. When I was sick, I had to take care of myself. They couldn't care less if I ran away. They never showed me kindness or what it is liked to be loved. Don't expect me to give something I never received." you shake his arm off and return to your room. 

Vishnal watched your retreating figure. He didn't feel guilty though. He couldn't. He believed you were at fault. But what you said was true. He would hate his parents had they showed him the same treatment. He would of thrown a fit but you seem like you wouldn't bother. He went back to his room with those thoughts.

The next day you were in your room, writing to Saintess Clare when Vishnal came in.

"Can I help you?" you ask while continue writing your letter.

"You say your scars bothered you at one point but you got over it. Why?"

"Why do you care?"

"I'm stuck with you for a month. Amuse me."

"Not much of an amusing story."

"I got nothing better."

"Alright fine." you turn to face Vishnal who is sitting on your bed. "Growing up, like I said before, my sister was my parents first priority. In everything. At first, I tried to get there attention, but not once did they care. I was upset. I was their child too. I hated my scars. Why did I have to be born with them? I was ten years old when I decided to go out for a walk. My parents didn't know and didn't care. I happened across a beautiful garden. I spent most of my time there."

"So the garden made you stop hating your scars."

"No. Saintess Clare did. She was fourteen when I met her. She was so beautiful. Her parents abandoned her because she was blind. The Order took her in and decided to raise her as an oracle as she was able to 'see' things others can't. She couldn't see my scars and she was the first person to ever call me pretty."

"Must be because she was blind."

"I thought that too. But she said the way I was pretty. I didn't act like she was crippled even though she couldn't see. I treated her like a normal human being. She is the only person I consider a friend. She introduced me to those in The Order. They treated me nicely. Not like some freak. They made me feel..."

"Special?"

"Normal." you look into his eyes. "Not special. Not strange. Normal. They showed me kindness."

"Your sister. The one I was supposed to marry. What about her?"

"Marianne, might of cared for me. She is the reason I am alive. She never done anything special but she was the only person who acknowledged my presence at home."

"You lived a lonely life even though you were surrounded by so many people."

"I did, but I saw the things no one else sees."

"Like what."

"I see who is real and who is fake. It wasn't surprising to know most of the nobility are fake. So many men and women have affairs. I won't be even shocked if you already have a woman on the side."

"How dare you think of me as a philander?"

"Then what are you?"

"I am-" Vishnal cuts himself off. He was going to say he was devoted man but that would contradict the situation he was in as he was trying to divorce his own wife as if it was nothing. You pick up on what Vishnal was about to say.

"Even you know what you aren't. You aren't much different from them. You may not have entered such relationships but you are far from a good man."

"Like you are any better."

"The difference between us is that I know I am not good. If I was given the option to save my own sister or someone of The Order I know for a fact  I would choose the latter. No hesitation. You on the other hand, think of yourselves as a good man. A man who is humble and caring."

"You-"

"I'm not wrong am I though." Vishnal opened his mouth as if to say something but closes it and storms out of the room angrily.