Chapter 8

Once out of the room, it took you a moment to regain your composure and you skidded to a stop. When Vishnal notices this he turns to you.

"F/n?" he asks.

"Vishnal, just because you want to be married doesn't mean I want to. Divorce me. Please." Vishnal shakes his head no.

"F/n, with time, you will love me. I can guarantee that. I will keep you happy."

"How so? Your parents disapprove. I am pretty sure other men who have daughters at the age of marriage disapprove too." you argue.

"Trust me. They will accept it."

"How will they accept someone who looks like me?" You never attended parties because you never wanted to and your parents forbade you from going. A disgrace they said. When you see Vishnal not answering, you rip your arm away from him. "Maybe in your eyes, you think everything will be okay but you aren't the one facing the brunt of their anger." You walk past him and hurry to your room before locking it. 

Vishnal doesn't turn to look at you and his father comes out. His face was red in anger.

"Vishnal!" he yells. "Why did you do that? Why do you care about some freak?"

"She isn't a freak!" Vishnal yells. "She is a human being who is my wife."

"That woman is going to bring down our family name. Besides she said something about The Order."

"She had friends in The Order. Her reason for wanting to join was for them."

"Regardless Vishnal. Divorce her. She doesn't belong in the House of Evans."

"That is not for you to decide. She is my wife. I will decide whether or not she belongs here and I believe she does." Vishnal turns away and goes to his own room. He looks at his room carefully. His bed was large enough and the room was spacious. He had enough space for her things she brought along.

He opens his door and sees a servant.

"Tomorrow morning, have all of F/n't things moved to my room." The servant nods and leaves. As for you, you began writing to Clare. You began using the tool Clare's caretaker gave you and started writing the words. You explain the situation and what can be done to fix it. Soon after writing the letter you have a servant deliver it to Clare.

Hours pass and you remain in your room like you always have. You didn't want to talk to them and no doubt did they not want to talk to you. You hear a knock on the door but you ignore it. The knocking continues until you get irritated.

"Leave me alone." you say not caring if it was the Duke or a servant.

"I have the keys F/n. Either you let me in or I enter myself." You waited for him to enter since both options led to the same thing. When he enters you glare at him.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to eat with me." he says. You roll your eyes at that.

"Not interested."

"Why?"

"I don't like eating with others. I never did back then and I don't like it now."

"Which is why you will join me." 

"We are married on paper. Nothing more and I would like to keep it that way."

"Fine then. If you won't come to me, I will come to you. Whenever you plan on dining and wherever you choose, I will join you." you were about to protest this when he continued. "Also, starting tomorrow, we will share the same room. Don't worry, I won't force you into anything but you must share the room with me."

"You really want to make things worse for me don't you?"

"Not at all dear. I just want us to be happy together."