Chapter 5

You all gather in your room. Vishnal sits on a chair while you and Clare sit on the bed.

"Vishnal, have you ever considered joining The Order." Clare asks.

"Not in particular." he replies. 

"I see. I suggested to F/n she joins once of age. She could of joined before getting married to you."

"She could of." he narrows his eyes at you.

"It would of been more of hassle that way though. For one, the bride price needed to payed. Second, there would of been uproar since if I didn't go, Marianne would be engaged to two different men." you defend yourself.

"Well you can't be an oracle or Saintess but you can be a teacher of The Order." Clare tells you. 

"So I teach children about the way of The Order."

"You would be best fit."

"The Order is really accepting of anyone." Vishnal says with disdain. "Who's next. A serial killer?"

"Vishnal." Clare says in a serious tone. "Everyone in the world is born for a reason. Some were born in unfortunate circumstances. Because of the nobility's way of thinking that those who are beautiful are worth anything, F/n was being mistreated. Tell me this, what did she do to deserve it?"

"Clare-" you try to cut in.

"No F/n. This man is challenging The Order's views. I will not tell him his way of thinking is wrong but I will not tolerate him tarnishing our name. Tell me Vishnal, what did F/n do that was worthy of hate?"

"...Nothing." he says after a long pause of silence.

"Many of those who joined The Order came from dark pasts. They come to rebuild their lives and we all believe that everyone deserves a second chance. F/n is no different. She wants to create a new life for herself in a community that will be more accepting."

Vishnal looks down. It was as if he was ashamed of his way of thinking. Then he looks at you.

"Is The Order that accepting."

"More than you guys. I mean there are people who think of me as a freak and choose not to associate with me, but they won't take away any of my opportunities and will help me if they deem it necessary. They don't go out of their way to harm me."

"Can I go then? See what life is like at The Order." Clare smiles.

"Our doors are open to everyone." And so the three of you head out for the day. Vishnal assumed you would of attempted to hide your scars but you didn't. You treated them as if they weren't there. It was about an hour's journey but you arrived to church. Vishnal helped Clare out and surprisingly, you. When you look at him confused he rolls his eyes.

"I am not the rude thank you very much." The three of you walk into the church and people greet you.

"Saintess Clare and F/n. I see you brought someone." one says. Others talk to one another. Your intentions of joining The Order was no secret. Saintess Clare wasn't allowed to marry or have intimate contact with others so everyone suspected that Vishnal was with you. 

"F/n. Who is he?" a sister asks. 

"My husband." you answer honestly.

"Husband? Weren't you going to join The Order."

"I will. We agreed to be divorced. By the end of the month, I will join The Order as a teacher." The sister looks at Vishnal.

"What she says is true." he answers. "I was supposed to be married to her sister but her family sent her instead."

"Well I think F/n is more suitable then that airhead."

"Excuse me?" Vishnal asks.

"Oh I apologize. Once F/n brought her sister here. No offense dear, she is so naive. Guess that's what happens when you shelter a person too much." The sister soon excuses herself and continues doing her daily tasks. The three of you head on out but soon Clare get called away to do some ceremony.

You are sitting on a bench when Vishnal says to you.

"I am actually glad I married you."