Ending 2

"I won't." The boy looks at you worried.

"Why? He set his own parents' death."

"Which is exactly why I won't leave. If I leave, who will he hurt next."

"You can tell The Order. They can fix this."

"And then you will be arrested for being an accomplice. I still care for Vishnal. If my injury was enough to get him like this, someone needs to keep him grounded."

"I see."

"When Clare comes, I will tell her my decision. I also want you to leave with her. Join The Order. That way Vishnal can't get to you without incriminating himself." The boy looks down and you see him shaking slightly holding back tears.

"I am sorry."

"The outcome might of been the same even if you didn't do anything. You have other half-siblings don't you." The boy nods. "Do you care for them?" he nods again. "I will make sure they will be taken care of then.

You dismiss the boy and soon are left with your thoughts. Vishnal indirectly had his parents killed. Fear maybe. Terrified they would pull the same stunt again. It was unforgivable but understandable since your life was in danger, but to drag a young boy into this. Not to mention a boy who shares the same bloodline as him.

The boy was scared. Terrified. Sending him to The Order was the safest course to protect him without having Vishnal suspect you. What would of happened if you didn't obey your own parents and just went to The Order. Vishnal would be married to some other woman and maintain the nobility's way of thinking.

Later that night Vishnal comes and you maintain your composure and prevent yourself from confronting him about the deaths. You wanted to protect that boy. He was already hurt enough. Vishnal and you are eating in the dining hall when he begins to speak.

"Saintess Clare is visiting in two days. Are you excited to see your friend?"

"Of course I am. She might be very shocked to hear my answer."

"She must be. Especially when you were so adamant about leaving."

"Say Vishnal," you start slowly. "If I were to leave, what would you do?"

"Do whatever is in my power to keep you near me." He says rather darkly. You nod and change the topic. You got your answer. Vishnal would keep you near him regardless of consequences. If that was going to be the case, might as well make it so you were at least comfortable to some extent.

The two days pass slowly and Clare visits along with several officials to discuss the annulment.

"We decided to stay together." you tell her. Clare smiles at you. "I am glad to see you happy." You managed to mask your actual feelings. Who knows, maybe you would be happy with him. He did take care of you well enough. You spend the rest of the afternoon speaking to Clare and soon the boy enters the room.

How guilt ridden he looked. He looked as if he was about to burst into tears. You step in.

"He told me he would like to join The Order. Perhaps there is room for him?" Clare was about to speak but he interjects immediately.

"You can't take me!"he cries. "I have done to much evil for me to even redeem myself." Clare turns to one of the officials and one of them helps the boy up.

"What have you done my dear? The Order is accepting of everyone. Circumstances lead to many things. Several of which aren't pleasant. I am sure your sins aren't to severe." The boy shakes his head.

"I-I tried to kill F/n." The officials, Clare, Vishnal and you widen your eyes. No one was expecting him to say that. "N-not only t-that." he turns to Vishnal. "I was an accomplice. For him." he points to Vishnal. "Duke and Duchess Evans died because of a carriage accident. An accident he orchestrated."

"What do you mean?"

"I was to poison the driver and make the horses go crazy. It was the same for F/n's case." Clare turns to the officials. She speaks loud and clear.

"Seize the boy and Vishnal Evans. Their sentences will be in the hands of the people." Vishnal glares at the boy before turning to you. You stare at him back as he gets taken away.

"F/n-" he begins but you cut him.

"Why?" you ask him. "Your parents were one thing. But you. To drag a boy into this. To make it so he felt so guilt ridden he confesses to me first but thinks it isn't enough. You say you are different from the people of the nobility. I wonder if that is true anymore." You finally say what is on your mind.

Vishnal screams for you as he is taken away trying to explain himself. A lone tear falls as both of them are taken away. Clare hugs you and you hold her close. Within the week your marriage is annulled and both Vishnal and the boy are sentenced to prison. The boy is granted a shorter sentence since he was a minor and it was clear how remorseful he is and because you testified about him wanting to come clean. 

You officially joined The Order and begin teaching there. You would visit the boy and bring him some food but never Vishnal. Five years has passed and you were walking with heavy steps to the prison area for people convicted of murder.

As you walk the halls you stop by one cell. Vishnal's. He sat there staring at the wall. How he seemed to age. How he became so thin. You let out a deep breath.

"For a moment I thought you were nothing but bones." you say quietly. He turns to face you and is surprised to see you.

"F/n." he says with a raspy voice. 

"I never thought you would end looking like this."

"What did you expect a man who lost everything to look like?"

"This wouldn't of happened if you didn't drag him into it. If you knew your parents were scheming to kill me, you could of taken other measures instead of killing them." Vishnal says nothing. Silently you slide the basket of food for him. "Eat. If I ever see you again, I don't want to see a pile of bones."

As you walk away, Vishnal calls out to you. You stand still but don't turn around. "When I finish serving my sentence F/n, I will come for you." You smile inwardly to yourself and continue walking, waiting for that day to come.

meh. I didn't really like this book. Felt rushed to me. Did you know before I decided to do some major edits to the storyline, I intended for Vishnal to kill Clare. well enjoy that tidbit and I do hope you enjoyed the book and check out my other stories if you are interested. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!