Chapter 20

The boy was shaking. He didn't believe Vishnal would help him. He understood that if he didn't help though, he would be facing jail time for attempted murder. Vishnal was aware his parents didn't truly love him, but he was much like them. Resorting to underhand tactics in order to get what he wants. It was only now did the boy realize that he was related to such a man. Was he going to end up in the same path?

Months passed and the boy didn't know what to do. Your legs were in recovering and you were finally able to walk a little bit. The year was coming to an end. You hadn't given your answer to Vishnal. The boy wanted to flee. He was scared that if you said no, he would go to jail. But it seemed unlikely. How happy you were. You weren't like this at first but it was becoming more clear. Still he must leave. But what about you?

You seemed to be like him. Or was like him. Every now and then, he would hear the snippets of conversations you had with Vishnal. Some of which were about your parents or siblings. They never contacted you since coming here. You said that it only hurt slightly knowing your own birth family never cared. He was like that. Believing he had a hope of receiving love.

You needed to know the truth. He was going to tell you. Tell you he was the one who tried to hurt you. Just so he could be accepted and loved. Vishnal was gone for the day as he had to deal with some issues. You were alone in your room. He knocks on the door. When he is permitted entry, he gets on his knees and apologizes.

"Why are you sorry?" you ask him. He looks up at you with tearful eyes.

"I tried to kill you." the boy responds. "Duke Evans was my father. I knew from the beginning he was using me but..." he sniffles. "He said he would acknowledge me. He said he would tell the world I was his son. It was selfish and wrong of me to accept. I should of known. I should of known this was nothing but lies. You understand though don't you?"

You look at the crying child. He was only a few years older than you were when you realized you wouldn't truly receive a parent's love. You felt sorry for the boy. It must of been hard on him carrying such guilt.

"I would say I accept your apologies but I am not that forgiving."

"I know."

"You are young but even you understand that killing is wrong. I don't blame you for wanting to be loved, but you should of known this wasn't the way." The boy looks down trying to hold back his tears. "Does Vishnal know?" The boy looks up at you. He hesitantly nods his head. "I will make sure to speak to him about this. I will see what I can do to make sure you will be alright."

"Don't!" the boy screams. "He said not to tell a word. He said he would-" the boy cuts himself off.

"What did he say he would do?" you were growing suspicious.

"I can't tell you, but please. Don't tell him I told you."

"Alright." The boy wipes his tears before looking at you again.

"The year is almost up. Will you being staying with Vishnal even afterwards?" You look down before smiling at the boy.

"I always wanted to join The Order. They were nice people and always accepting. No doubt they would accept if I left Vishnal."

"So you are leaving?"

"...No. I decided to stay with Vishnal. He... makes me happy. He is someone I can call family. I can always go to The Order anytime and help out, but if I leave Vishnal, I won't get him back."

Nyehehehe, were you children expecting that?

anyhow, I decided since I am so close to finishing this one, my updates will primarily focus on this story since I am thinking I will have one more chapter and then the two endings I got planned. 

Also, I have polls set up for you guys to vote on what story i should publish. Just head on over to my description and it shall be there. Please vote and also, the story will be published once school is over and I am back from vacation. Have a lovely day,