Chapter 17

Vishnal kept on whispering word of apologies until you reached the house. You were soon treated for your injuries. You explained to the doctor treating you what had happened. He told you that if you hadn't jumped when you did, you could of been in much more serious condition. As of now, you couldn't move either of your legs and was put to bed rest.

Vishnal entered the room soon after he was permitted. When he sees your legs are bandaged, he begins tearing up.

"This wasn't supposed to happen F/n. The horse I had you use was known for being very calm."

"What happened to the horse?" you ask him.

"I sent some men to go search for her. When we find her we will investigate what had happened."

"I see." You look down at your legs. You still couldn't feel them. What would happen to you if you couldn't use them anymore. You would be considered a cripple who was born with scars who had nothing to give. Vishnal put his hand on your cheek.

"It is the very first time I have ever seen you cry." he tells you. It is then, you realize that you were crying. "F/n, I promise you that we will find who is responsible. And when I find them, they will pay the price for hurting you."

"This wouldn't have happened if you..." you glare at him. You felt anger surge through you and you push his hand away. "This wouldn't have happened if you had just let me leave!" you scream at him. You knew you were just angry and blaming his for something he couldn't control but you were just so angry that you couldn't help it. 

"F/n." he says trying to hold you but you push him off.

"Leave. You already done enough." When you turn away from Vishnal, he reluctantly leaves you alone. He leaves the room and stands outside of the room. He already suspected someone was tampering with horse or gear you were using when the horse went wild. He was upset you were hurt and angry as well.

Because someone did this, it erased all the effort he put into getting you to open up to him. His time was only a little over half a year. You were someone who wouldn't open easily in the first place especially now. He was going to set things right this time. He was going to find the person responsible and get rid of the one who ruined everything.

He then remembers the servant who was with him during the accident. That boy was one of his father's bastards. The pieces begin to fall into place. That boy was involved some how and he knew something. Vishnal begin his search for him.

A servant goes to check on you and you order them to bring you paper and the tool you used to write in braille. You begin writing to Clare. You wanted to tell her about the accident and see where you would be placed in The Order. When you get to that part of the letter you stop though. You felt something in your chest that made it difficult for you to write it. 

Why did you feel this way? It made no sense. You felt as though you would regret it if you wrote it, but this something you always wanted. Right? You shake off these feelings and continue to write. It is only after you have someone deliver the letter did you feel more regret.