Chapter 10

"What are you talking about?" Duke Evans asks, glaring at his son.

"I'm not stupid. I found it odd that we hired a bunch of servants recently. All of them, the children of maids here."

"You got no proof."

"I don't need proof. One sentence is just enough to get the ball rolling. So go ahead. Disown me. I'm sure you will have a grand time explaining your successor when you don't even have any living relatives."

"Vishnal." his mother says. "We didn't raise you to be disrespectful like this." Vishnal laughs at this.

"This coming from you. A woman who is rude to my wife and always talk behind the backs of your 'friends'. You are just as bad as father."

"Vishnal-"

"I know what both of you have done. You guys pretend to be the happy couple and family. Once we get past that facade, you two are nothing but frauds who only care about your image and nothing more."

"Fine then. Even if we are the way you describe us, you are no different. She doesn't want to be here and yet you are forcing her to stay."

"F/n isn't used to the affection I am giving her due to her upbringing. She sees people as heartless, cruel and shallow beings. Though she is not incorrect she is not entirely right. I will change her views on it and we will be happy." Vishnal then walks away from his parents. Before he leaves he says to them without turning around. "If you do anything to her, I don't know what I will do."

Vishnal was never afraid of his parents. He never loved them, nor hated them. That was until now. He knew his parents had affairs. His father had many bastards and his mother killed hers before they were even born. It disgusted him so much. Yet this was the society he grew up in. It was normal for nobles to be infidel to one another even if it was looked down upon. 

He agreed to the marriage between him and Marianne because he heard that she was a nice woman. Someone who would be faithful. His only real reason for accepting other than his need for superiority. When he had gotten you as a bride instead, he felt so many emotions. Most were unpleasant. He hated you. You seemed carefree and didn't bother even trying to defend yourself. You ran away.

Once knowing your personality, he begin to see you as a perfect wife. If only you loved him. You were never going to cheat because even you had standards you abide to. He knew he had time. He understood the power The Order had over the marriage and knowing your ties to them, there was more likely chance your wishes will be heard. Even so, your marriage was neither abusive nor infidel to one another. He was fine to that extent.

Vishnal found you looking at the servants who took your belongings out of the room. He sneaks up on you and before he could try to hug you speak out.

"Don't touch me." you state turning to face him. "I already sent my request for the annulment of the marriage. If accepted, you cannot keep me here as your wife." Vishnal looks pained as you say it.

"Why won't you try to make our marriage work?"

"If I was the woman you were suppose to marry then maybe I would of put in some sort effort. I wasn't supposed to be your bride. You know that."

"Yet here you are."

"The reason why I am stuck here, is because you won't let me go." you walk away from Vishnal in hopes getting some peace and quiet. Your letter should have reached Clare. Hopefully your wish will be granted.