One

"Sierra! Jemma!" A familiar voice called towards the siblings as they climbed out of the car. The youngest Page lifted her head to see an older woman with curly dark brown locks, the roots slightly graying, walking briskly towards them. Her blue eyes twinkled with joy at the sight of her granddaughters, whom she hadn't seen in at least a couple years. A wide smile stretched across her painted mouth as she enveloped them in a tight embrace, sighing contently.

"Grandma," Sierra greeted cheerily, though she was completely exhausted from the journey. "How are you?"

"Awe I'm great, dear. I may look old now but I still feel like I'm twenty," Grace replied with a hearty laugh. The two girls returned the action lightly before she suggested that they bring their bags inside. Her home sat on the top of a small grassy hill, surrounded by thick dark forests that made Sierra want to explore. Some could've called the house a cottage, as it was quaint but with the sun's rays shining down on it, it seemed livelier and bigger. Another smaller brick building laid parallel, and both were surrounded by various types of beautiful wildflowers that couldn't be tamed. "I hope you two like it here," Grace told them optimistically as they headed towards the house. "It's pretty secluded, but the perfect atmosphere so I can teach Sierra everything I know."

Sierra faked a grin, and didn't say anything. Her heart ached for Beacon Hills; the place she knew and loved, as dangerous as it now was with werewolves. Instead of tall brick houses, mighty trees surrounded her, touching the sky with their long branches. The air was clear as Sierra inhaled the scent of pine deeply, realizing this was going to be her new home for a while and she simply had to get used to it.

"I can't believe I'm home," the girl stated as she gazed out of the car's passenger window brightly, admiring the old buildings she grew up around, including the high school she'd attended for freshmen and sophomore year. Now she was a junior and ached weirdly to be back inside, surrounded by her best friends while they cracked jokes or just studied together in the library. "It feels like it's been forever."

"It's been only three months," Jemma reminded her with a small chuckle in the driver's seat, glancing at her younger sister before focusing back on the road. "Are you sure you want to do this? We could've stayed in Tennessee."

"I think I would've fully turned country if we had stayed," Sierra joked, her lips curled up in a wide smile. "Plus, you heard Grandma, I passed every lesson and if anything goes wrong, you're still here with me."

"While we were there, it was easy for you not to connect to people, because it was only me, James, and Nana," Jemma spoke up nervously. "I'm scared that once you start interacting with your old friends, you might get hurt."

"If you are referring to Scott and Stiles, you have nothing to worry about," Sierra assured her. "I know how to hold back, Jem. I'll be fine."

"Speaking of those two rowdy boys, do they even know you're back?" Jemma asked with a raised brow but Sierra shook her head.

"No," she replied simply, feeling her heart pang in her chest. She had missed them terribly while she was on her journey of controlling her Empath abilities, and they had often been on her mind. She missed the teen wolf's corny jokes, his fist-bumps, and his need to always help people. "I didn't have cell reception the whole time we were there, and when we hit California, I only texted Allison and Lydia."

The skilled huntress had been away in France all summer with her father, creating a stronger bond to help mend the loss of her mother. They were done with hunting, much to everyone's relief, and Allison had barely touched her bow for fear of becoming what Gerard tried to turn her into; a girl with a heart of vengeance. On the other side of the world, Lydia remained in Beacon Hills, still very bright and intelligent. While her best friends and ex-boyfriend left, she turned to reading to pass time. Filling her head with knowledge gave her an inner peace she had desperately needed and she was slowly starting to reveal her true self to the people surrounding her, instead of shoving it away.