Twelve

"Are you sure you're okay?" Stiles asked his girlfriend nervously, eyeing the wound on her arm that was already healing.

"It's just a small scratch," Sierra assured him with a small smile and latched her hand onto his. "Even if it did hurt, which it doesn't, we need to focus on Danny. He's still in the hospital."

Just then the bell rung and the pair walked out of the classroom they had been in, right behind Scott, Lydia, and Cora. "Stiles and I were going to head there now," she informed everyone as they moved down the hall. "Scott, you coming?"

"I will, but I need to go see Allison first," he told her, his brown eyes focused on his cellphone in his hand. She had sent him a text, letting him know that she thinks she found something.

Sierra nodded, "Good, just call us if you need anything."

And with that, the group split up and soon Sierra and Stiles were walking into the hospital, hand in hand. "You know I feel like we're here all of the time," she commented randomly as he peeked around a corner to make sure no one saw them sneaking around the floor.

"We are here all of the time," he retorted, squeezing her fingers to signal the coast was clear. The two began walking cautiously forward, their eyes locked on the numbers above the doors in order to find which one their classmate was in. "Let's just be glad that you're not the one this time laying unconscious in a hospital bed."

"Man, you get your throat slashed one time," Sierra tried to joke but ended up running into Stiles as his movements halted. He gave her a warning look after turning his head to face her, which made her awkwardly clear her throat and nod. Stiles hated thinking of when Peter clawed her, because it was then he had thought she was gone. "Right, my bad, I'm sorry."

Stiles stifled a laugh from the awkward face she was making and then froze from Sierra pointing to the room number they had been searching for. Stiles winced at the sound of the door squeaking after he opened it, afraid any loud noises would get them caught. Sierra softly closed it behind them and decided to stay near the exit while Stiles crept towards the side of Danny's bed.

The boy was resting contently, the hospital blanket pulled up to his chin due to him laying on his back. "Awe, he looks so peaceful," Sierra whispered, seeing her friend's state.

"I wish he looked like that when he was awake," Stiles remarked quietly, thinking of how often Danny and him didn't get along. No matter how hard he tried to be nice, Danny always rolled his eyes and turned the other way. He leaned forward, wondering aloud if Danny was awake. Even as Stiles gently shook him, waved his arm and snapped his fingers, Danny didn't stir...at first. Stiles wanted to hit him, and even though Sierra hissed at him to knock it off, he didn't see any harm and lightly hit the boy in the face to see if he would awaken.

Danny jumped, sending Stiles back to mumble curse words under his breath. Luckily, the boy didn't open his eyes nor move in any other way. When Stiles looked to the girl in the room to know what to do next, Sierra's blue eyes landed on Danny's backpack. She pointed to it and Stiles quickly crouched down to unzip the material and shuffle through it.

However, a voice made him pause. "What're you doing?" Danny groaned, his vision slightly blurry from sleeping so long. He could make out Stiles's figure and hear the noise, but that was about it. He didn't have the energy to fully look around, and therefore didn't notice Sierra in the corner.

"I'm not doing anything, Danny," Stiles lied softly after popping his head up. "This is just a dream...that you're having." Stiles nodded to himself, proud of the thought he came up with and leaned back down to look through the folders filled with papers.