Twenty

ALLISON AND ISAAC threw open the wooden doors to the root cellar, walking down the unstable steps as quickly as they could. Chris sighed in relief at the sight of his daughter, his body bound against a post. A smile made its way onto Allison's face from seeing her father. "Thank god," she exclaimed, kissing his forehead.

"You found us," he told her proudly, widening her grin.

Isaac quickly worked on getting Noah untied with his claws, seeing Jemma and Melissa tied up in the same way. "Where's Stiles?" the sheriff demanded against the sound of the wind. "Where's my son?"

"And Scott," Melissa added with a heavy breath, feeling the ropes around her dig into her wrists as she looked at the teenagers.

"They're on their way," Isaac assured them. "They're coming to help."

Allison's gaze fell on the oldest Page sibling, since she hadn't uttered a word. "Oh my god," she mumbled, seeing the empath's head slouched over, and walked carefully over to her. "What happened to her?" she asked her father.

"Jennifer put some kind of poison on hers," Chris explained. "I think it's wolfsbane. Every time she moved, it cut her skin and she fell unconscious moments before you guys came."

Allison winced from seeing the deep indentations on Jemma's wrists and torso. "Isaac can't cut through it if it's wolfsbane," she replied and then looked in her boot to pull out a knife. "So it's a good thing I always carry a Swiss with me."

"That's my girl."

Suddenly, the strong gusts of wind from outside shook the small cellar, the dirt ceiling becoming loose. It poured into the area, making the whole structure unstable. Scott, Stiles, and Sierra needed to come soon, otherwise they would be buried alive.

Even from inside the distillery, Sierra could hear the wind whistling through the swirl Ennis had cut with his claws years ago. Deucalion turned to both of them once they arrived. "You said you had a plan?"

"I remember on the first day this year, when we got to Jennifer's class, she sent us all a text message," Scott replied to him, allowing Sierra to finish his thought.

"It was the last line from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness," she shared, crossing her arms over her chest. "Scott has a message of his own that he wanted to send her."

Using his cellphone to film, Sierra focused on the vendetta symbol and listened to Scott speak. "You see this symbol?" he asked Jennifer through the camera and then got into frame. "It's a symbol of revenge. You talk about balance, about saving people. We know what you really want, and now you know where to find us."

Back at the root cellar, the ceiling was collapsing at a much faster rate than before. By now, Jemma had snapped back into consciousness, full of questions Allison and Isaac didn't have time to answer. Jemma could barely stand from her injuries, but withstood the pain in order to help get Melissa untied.

"Hurry!" Chris shouted as more debris flew in. The ground shook, causing everything to crash to the floor. "Come on, let's get out of here!" It would only be minutes before the entire cellar caved in.

Unfortunately, just as they reached the wobbly steps, they completely fell apart from the earthquake, leaving them trapped underground with no way out.

*^*^*^*

Sierra waited beside Scott anxiously as they watched with Deucalion for Jennifer to arrive. Her fingers continuously tapped against her jeans, the plan she had formed the night they were in the motel flashing in her head. It was risky and would have consequences but she couldn't hide her anger anymore.